Job DescriptionPosition Title:
Senior Controls EngineerJob Code:
Click here to enter text.Organization:
Dallas Reports to:
Click here to enter text.PURPOSE OF POSITIONStanley Black & Decker is seeking a Senior Controls Engineer to lead automation system design and implementation at Stanley Black & Decker’s manufacturing plant near Dallas, TX. Since 1843, Stanley Black and Decker has been committed to innovation and social responsibility, while becoming a leader in multiple industries. Stanley Black & Decker is creating a new state of the art facility for mechanics hand tools to support its Made in USA vision. The new factory will utilize Industry 4.0 “smart factory” initiatives. The facility will utilize many of the latest advancements in IoT, cloud computing, robotics and automation.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define, Plan, Implement and Support the robotic and automation equipment put in place in any of Stanley Black & Decker’s manufacturing facilities.
- Program, integrate and troubleshoot industrial robots from well-known Original Equipment Manufacturers.
- Program, integrate, and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), and all other equipment that is commonly found on assembly automation machines.
- Optimize complex robotics and automation equipment for safety, ergonomics, quality, flow, reliability, and maintainability
- Evaluates program and project requirements, develops complex equipment and tooling concepts and designs solutions for a reliable production process.
- Compiles and analyzes technical data to determine the effects on product engineering design and rate estimates, identifies robotics, automation or technology recommendations and system integration for equipment and tooling.
- Integrate vision into robotics with advanced vision guidance and inspection capabilities.
- Conducts training for Production and Maintenance personnel.
- Vet new technology on a technical level to understand if it is ready to deploy into the facilities.
- Collaborate with existing digital manufacturing teams to serve up requested data for collection.
- Collaborate with factories throughout all business units on machine design and the needs of the automation to ensure that what is being delivered is what the plant process experts are looking for.
Click here to enter text.0Required Education:
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Required experience and skills include:
5+ years of experience with the following:
- PLC programming experience across multiple brands in an assembly machine environment
- HMI programming experience across multiple brands in an assembly machine environment
- Experience designing machines in 2D/3D software (SolidWorks, CATIA, Autodesk Products)
- Candidates must also possess a knowledge of mechanical components commonly found on assembly automation machines.
- A deep understanding of control circuit wiring
- Experience with TCP/IP Communication as well as other common protocols
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to visit existing suppliers, research new projects, and commission projects.
2+ years of experience with the following:
- Robot programming experience across multiple brands in an assembly machine environment
- Vision Guidance and Inspection experience and a deep understanding of the capabilities and limitations of the most up to date technology
- Project management experience
- Existing relationships with system integrators, machine builders, and component manufacturers
- Understanding of Six Sigma and lean manufacturing principles
- SCADA and OPC Server Experience
- Cloud server experience
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.