Job TitleSenior Consultant
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Create and manage new customer relationships and lead projects to support Philips businesses and external companies in improving the quality of their innovation and development approaches as well as of their innovations, speed up time to market and get more results for the same investment and do it first time right.
You know innovation and development inside out as well as areas of marketing and operations providing a holistic view. You will also enhance development processes taking a business perspective and End to End approach.
You are responsible for
- actively leveraging your existing network and develop and maintain senior management and executive level clients to pro-actively create and convert new opportunities
- cultivating and developing key customer relationships and partnerships
- acquiring work for several consultants that work in your field and identify opportunities beyond your field to sell together with colleagues that have other areas of expertise
- being a senior advisor, or lead a team of consultants and client team members
- actively marketing yourself and our consulting team through being a key-note or speaking at seminars and through articles on-line and in key publications
- foreseeing developments in your competence area and develop new competences yourself and with colleagues
- spotting trends in your client industries and combine these with new competences to create new service propositions and improve our service propositions and portfolio
You are a part of
The department Industry Consulting at Philips Innovation Services is a dynamic group of approximately 70 consultants with a growth ambition. We work with leading clients in operationalizing their strategic ambitions in and across key areas of their business: Innovation and Operations Management taking an integral approach.
In Innovation we support our clients in all types of innovation be it in business models, products, services, or solutions. We work with our clients on key aspects for success: new business creation, innovation strategy, roadmapping and architecture, and innovation process improvement including IT solutions for innovation, lean and open innovation. We work with all Philips businesses worldwide as well as with external companies.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- a Master’s degree in a technical, science or related discipline
- a proven track record in development with at least 15 years of experience in methodologies such as Design for Six Sigma (DfSS), V-model, Agile, Scrum, Scaled Agile, FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), DMAIC, Lean, etc.
- a development / engineering experience, project leadership and ideally also led development /engineering groups/sites
- strong consulting, selling and interpersonal skills and the ability to gain trust, influence, persuade, and build strong relationships
- experience in data analytics in managing development and the link to Industry 4.0
- proven track record of acquisition at new clients and of growing them into key relationships
- proven track record of cultivating long-term multiyear relationships with continuous project engagements
- some client relationships that you can activate and develop sales with
- a Master Black Belt well versed in Design for Six Sigma
- sharp analytical skills
- a self-starter attitude that is driven by creating step-change improvements that last
- fluency in English and willingness to travel up to 25%
In return, we offer you
A dynamic environment where you will be working in a team of colleagues on key innovation and growth opportunities and challenges of Philips and other large external companies. The opportunity to see ideas through to stages beyond the “report”. Be a critical part and steer key initiatives in the area of Innovation. Build capabilities through challenging assignments and formal training. Get involved in many different parts of Philips and eventually the opportunity to move into other parts of the company.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.