Senior AI Solutions Architect
Senior AI Solutions Architect
Responsibilities & Requirements
The Cambia AI team is looking for people with a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills to launch and grow new data and analytics services in collaboration with a range of healthcare and health solutions partners. AI Solutions Architects are self–motivated individuals with a proven track record of delivering results in software/technology sales or consulting. We want individuals that demonstrate ability to think strategically about business, create technical definitions around customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate and mobilize resources, and deliver results towards Cambia’s vision of consumer-centered health experience.
You will partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop efficient end-to-end business processes with an integrated view across the division and enterprise; provide a holistic view of the people, processes and technology needed to deliver services; align strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding products and services; partners and suppliers; organization; capabilities; and key business and IT initiatives; work with business areas to identify and eliminate waste by streamlining processes and augmenting with data science and AI capabilities.
You will partner with data scientists & AI engineers, business partners, and product teams to craft scalable, flexible and resilient architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of our new services. As a trusted customer advocate, the AI Solutions Architect will help organizations understand best practices around data science and AI integration.
General functions and outcomes:
- Collaborate with business partners and engineering teams to craft innovative data and analytics solutions. Facilitate the design, coordination, and execution of pilots, prototypes, or proof of concepts; provide validation on specific scenarios. Consult with our business partners on their insight strategies, road maps and technical architecture
- Agile/SCRUM and how it's applied to data projects
- Architect solutions in AWS and on-prem environments that meet business needs for scalability, reliability and performance.
- Defines information flow and work flow to clarify/improve information accessibility and process efficiency. Analyzes and recommends improvements to core and support processes, as needed, to support strategic and operational goals.
- Utilizes deep knowledge of health plan operations to evolve the end-to-end processes. Provides strategic viewpoint and recommends long-term roadmap for improving areas of support.
- Considers all stakeholders and opportunities within the business area, across related departments, and in partnership with members, employers and providers. Acts as change agent and provides focus to most critical initiatives.
- Works closely with business management and with IT Solution and IT Enterprise Architects to align business needs and AI/technology solutions and seek efficiencies through automation.
- Develops a business architecture strategy leveraging a broad view of the business and an understanding of strategy, processes and capabilities, technology, performance and governance.
- In partnership with IT Architects, suppliers and various business areas, builds and executes against strategic roadmaps that incorporate people, process, technology and sourcing change; share technical best practices / insights with Engineering teams and the solution architect community
- Recommends and aligns strategic roadmaps to Enterprise/Division Goals and Key Business Performance Indicators.
- Provides direction to and actively participates in project teams tasked with executing roadmap components ensuring the delivery on future state benefits.
- Identifies structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies including role alignment, process gaps and overlaps, and business capability maturity gaps.
- In partnership with leadership teams, develop formal business plans that include service definitions, P&L concepts, business performance and marketing/sales.
- In partnership with IT Architects, Suppliers and various Business Areas, collect and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues.
- Leads problem identification and resolution, and program development by researching, assessing, and analyzing issues, and providing recommendations.
- 3+ years of experience of architecting and delivering complex data solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams independently
- Experience in articulating the business drives and architectural approach/trade-offs during discussions with business partners
- Lead and deliver engineering engagements across company and cross functional teams
- Familiarity with data science and analytics capabilities, implementation of end-to-end machine learning capabilities, and experience evangelizing for data-driven culture.
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing, and improving business service capability and end-to-end processes.
- Proven results developing, analyzing, and implementing business service and business process performance improvements (speed, cost and quality).
- Provides pre-sales support by attending high-goal sales calls and visits to customers/brokers and conducting training and product demo assistance.
- Presenting and communicating product strategy, vision & implementation tailored for the customer’s needs.
- Must be flexible and able to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively, assimilate information quickly, analyze problems, implement appropriate solutions and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations, learn quickly, and synthesize solution options and action plans.
- Ability to present and communicate complex problems and recommended solutions to diverse audiences and executives.
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills – formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
- Experience base-lining and quantifying current state business problems as well as constructing cost/benefit based solution recommendations and business cases.
- Ability to envision future state business services/processes and to construct roadmaps representing evolution from current to future state
- Excellent negotiation abilities with customers, suppliers, peers and all levels of leadership.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Good knowledge of finance/budget principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies.
- Additional Minimum Requirements for senior level:
- Provide technical leadership and continuous evolution to our Data and AI service offerings.
- Lead and deliver Data Science and AI client engagements across our company
- Experience with predictive solutions such as Sagemaker, Kubeflow etc.
- Lead and deliver data science and AI client engagements across company
- Experience implementing AI based solutions (speech, bots, intelligent recommendations and search)
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex, cross-functional project teams.
- Expert level analytical skills, with the ability to analyze complex situations, learn quickly and synthesize corresponding solutions, options and action plans.
- Executive speaking and presentation skills – formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
- Experience in the Big Data Ecosystem (EMR, Hadoop, Spark, R, Presto, Hive), Database (eg Oracle, mysql, Postgres, MS SQL Server), NoSQL (DynamoDB, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, design principles) and Data Warehousing (Redshift, Teradata, Vertica, schema design, query tuning and optimization) and data migration and integration.
Must be AWS Certified Solutions Architect – professional. AWS Certification in big data specialty is a big plus.
Certifications in one or more of the following preferred: Business Architecture (CBA), Business Process Management (BPM/CBPP), Lean/Six Sigma, Developer, or SysOps Associate/Professional
The Senior AI Solutions Architect would have a bachelor’s degree (MBA or MS preferred) in operations management, computer science, business management, healthcare or related field and 10 years of health insurance and/or health insurance operations, to include designing, implementing and improving business service capability and end to end processes at a division or enterprise level or equivalent combination of education and experience. Depending on area of support may require knowledge and experience in the applicable field.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]