Does playing a critical role in recording, accounting, and analyzing data sound exciting to you? How about working for Western Union company, which brand is well known globally and this is a result of the work being done by marketing teams around the world. Every year WU invest significant amounts into making our brand, products and pricing visible to our customers as well as enters into agreements with our agents for allocating and managing agent’s marketing budget. How about working for a Global Marketing Accounting team that are passionate about their work and provide accounting support to the organization, marketing and finance colleagues around the world.
We’re seeking Senior Accounting Associate, based in our Vilnius, Lithuania office.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Ensure accurate accounting of internal marketing expenditures, agent budget accounting and budget AR/AP processing entries across variety of international entities
• Perform monthly general ledger accounting entries and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
• Perform monthly expense analysis for regional cost centers
• Be cooperative and professional in providing support to various regional marketing, finance and accounting business colleagues
• Participate in process improvements and ensure compliance with internal accounting controls, company policies and regulations
• Assist with audit requests for the accounting area
What you will need to succeed:
• General computer skills with strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to handle a high volume of information
• A strong work ethic and time management skills
What will make you stand out:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in finance, accounting, business or related field
• 0-2 years of accounting related experience
• Fluency in English language
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive global pay and benefits
• Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced accounting teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
• Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.