A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
- Participate in building the inventory of existing IT Self Service tools and communities (ex: Yammer support groups, internal forums) used by MGS Digital Technologies’ customers, evaluate the existing Self Service tools for their usability, usage, value
- Ensure that multiple Self Help tools do not overcomplicate support flow process for the End Users and do not frustrate them (if any gaps identified – address through appropriate teams)
- Drive SNow Self Service portal (SSP) to be single entry point for Self Help tools, processes, solutions, forums.
- Identify the opportunities to be addressed through Self Service tools (through data analysis, observations and using Design Thinking methodology with Ops teams and Customer focus groups)
- Build strong partnership with Customer Advocates, IT Operations and Digital Technology areas to receive on-going feedback on Self Service Portal (and other tools) around their functionality, accessibility, availability, user-friendliness etc.
- Lead the defined teams to build or enhance Self Service solutions and communities (within IT and MGS cross-function) to address the feedbacks.
- Setup dashboards to monitor Self Service tools/communities’ usage and customer satisfaction
- Drive the adoption of Service tools in partnership with Customer Advocates and operational teams
- Communicate to defined stakeholders about the changes, new self-help tools and features, partner with CX to communicate the news to the customers
- Run training programs within Core Services and BP to ensure Self Service tools adoption by service teams and BP and to engage them to be Self Service culture ambassadors for their customers.
- Ensure Security compliance for Self Service Portal (and other tools within direct scope).
- Address the evolving needs for SSP content (based on best practices, feedbacks) and maintain a process of filling the portal with useful content (including info about tickets, self help solutions, announcements, forum etc)
- Use the most appropriate format for Self Help solutions to make it user friendly and easy to be created and maintained.
- Build a network inside and outside of Mars using various forum groups and interacting with fellow Self Service Leads and developers on the best practice solutions.
- Manage defined 3rd party vendors when required to implement projects.
- Higher Education
- Specialized ITSM education and certification
- Specialized trainings in Design Thinking
- Good understanding of the functional area gained through formal education or good amount of practice.
- Experience of working on Self Service portal design, deployment, enhancement, promotion (experience of work on Service Now Self Service portal is a considerable plus)
- Knowledge of ITSM tool (Service Now)
- Examples of lead activities and teams within a global organisation.
- Ability to establish strong relationships within IT stakeholders and with technical community
- Strong English language skills both verbal and written (additional knowledge of French, German, Spanish, Cantonese could be a considerable plus).
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands. Headquartered in McLean, VA, [...]