Salesforce Development Engineer
Salesforce Development Engineer
Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; Lewiston, ID; Salt Lake City, UT
Use your Salesforce development skills to make healthcare better. Use Apex coding, Lightning configuration, and general programming best practices to deliver industry-leading solutions. Work with a dynamic team who lives agile, delivers prototypes quickly, has strong relationships with product owners, and has fun doing it. Come live our cause. Your contributions will provide lift across multiple lines of business elevating a broad variety of customer experiences.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Four years working in a regulated environment (finance, energy, healthcare, etc.) with Salesforce, preferably with Lightning
- Senior knowledge in when to configure and when to code in Salesforce
- Mid-level knowledge in how to build endpoints and consume REST APIs with JSON payloads
- Able to work well with business customers and engineering and technical partners.
- Familiar with basic SQL structure
- Familiar with SOAP and REST APIs, and patterns such as publish-subscribe
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve simple programming problems and system coordination issues.
- Able to work with minimum direction.
- Communicate effectively with peers.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development including unit test creation.
- Exhibit continuous integration practices.
- Able to take and/or provide direction from others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems.
- Understanding of PHI and HIIPA protections
- Ability to learn quickly with technology changes
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- The Salesforce Engineer would have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field and at least 3 years relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including, but not limited to application development or database development. Experience will typically include significant involvement with one or more of the following key technologies: Salesforce APEX, Salesforce Lightning, node.js, Python, REST, SOAP, Talend, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]