We’re seeking a training professional who also loves data! The Trainer will be technically savvy, resourceful and a pro at instructional design and development. If you’re looking for an opportunity to help a growing software company take their sales and product training function to the next level, you’re in the right place!
Our Trainer is the first point of contact for sales and customer support professionals in a fast-paced environment. This Radarian will not only train new hires, as the role grows, we’ll look for the Trainer to handle ongoing training and development needs in sales, support and beyond! Reporting to the Chief Sales Officer, the Trainer will develop curriculum and deliver process training that aligns with business objectives and enhances performance quality. The Trainer will have a deep understanding of our industry, business objectives, and products and will work closely with subject matter experts to continuously improve training content and deliver results.
What you'll do:
- Develop and curate content for training all new sales and support hires, as well as ongoing training and development curriculum
- Attend in person meetings and WebEx meetings with sales reps on a regular basis to assess ongoing progress and identify need for additional training
- Determine training needs by traveling with sales reps and customer support reps, observing sales encounters, studying sales results, conferring with managers
- Create quarterly Individual Development Plans (IDPs) with CSO to foster growth and development for sales reps
- Discover external training courses for sales and support reps to attend to build skills
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques
- Create monthly team training sessions
- Other ad hoc training and development initiatives
- At least 3 years in a sales, customer support or product training capacity
- Some sales or client facing experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on Development, Training, and/or Education
- Certification in ValueSelling Framework or other sales training methodology a huge plus
- Experience creating a curriculum oriented toward sales and support professionals (product reviews, sales pitches, objection navigation, consultative sales approaches, deadlines, follow up) that has led to proven results (sales rep performance, revenue and renewals increases)
- Comprehensive knowledge of learning and development principles including familiarity with adult learning theory, instructional design, and technology based learning, skill development and process design.
- Quantifiable experience with classroom training, e-learning, and one-on-one direction preferably within a tech, sales, or media environment
- Experience role playing sales calls, cold calling, customer interaction scenarios, and negotiations
- Results driven and target oriented
- Strong communication and coaching skills a must
- Strong facilitation / presentation skills required
- Ability to adapt to the fast-paced environment of a start-up and a continuously changing product
- Ability to work independently, possessing a strong sense of initiative and self-motivation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience with WebEx, Salesforce, CRMs
At MediaRadar, employees are encouraged to have fun and develop strong relationships with their peers. Employees love to spend their free time playing ping-pong and socializing with co-workers in and out of the office, whether at happy hours or volunteer events. Team members also strengthen their bonds at holiday functions and monthly office parties, and they enjoy great perks like Bagel Wednesdays and early release on Fridays during the summer. We also offer fantastic career progression, training and development, and a great benefits package that includes a competitive salary, first-rate health insurance, 401K, and transit discounts.
Check out what it's like to work with our awesome team here: http://muse.cm/1Mt0NCg
MediaRadar revolutionizes ad sales by enabling sales executives to spend their time pitching and closing deals, instead of researching and preparing. MediaRadar determines the best prospects for a seller to pursue, which offerings to pitch, and how to position themselves most effectively against [...]