Are you interested in joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies? If so, you have come to the right place. Stanley Black & Decker is an $11B Fortune 500 company that offers a rich and storied history dating back to 1843.
This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive solutions, services, and technologies, STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
Currently, we are investing in some new and exciting areas of SaaS Managed Services to grow our business and are looking for some key talent to ensure successful growth. There’s never been a better time to join our security team. We are seeking an experienced passionate, self-starter looking for a long-term position as a Sales Development Consultant at our corporate headquarters in Fishers, Indiana.
We are looking for the initial members of our Customer Success team to be focused entirely on our STANLEY Managed Services portfolio. You’ll partner with our sales and marketing teams to generate sales opportunities through lead qualification, opportunity development, solutions recommendation and closing the deal with our STANLEY Managed Services portfolio. You’ll build strong relationships and establish clear lines of communication with external clients, technical team members and internal employees.
The Sales Development Consultant is the enterprise sales, commercial sales and opportunity development resource for the entire STANLEY Managed Services portfolio and, by virtue of possessing exceptional presentation and sales skills, will drive execution of all sales qualification, sales engagement and sales development efforts for STANLEY Managed Services and SaaS subscriptions. The goal of all initiatives is to match the right customer with the right solution in order to drive engagement and ensure that customers achieve maximum potential and satisfaction from the STANLEY Managed Services and SaaS solutions. The Sales Development Consultant will manage a quota for developing and closing on new business for these services within North America.
- Qualify inbound leads from marketing campaigns
- Proactively seeking new business opportunities in the North American market
- Contacting potential clients through prospecting calls and emails to generate new leads
- Presenting our company and the STANLEY Managed Services portfolio to potential clients
- Support new prospect webinars on our STANLEY Managed Services portfolio
- Setting up meetings or calls between prospective clients to close new business
- Identifying client needs and suggesting appropriate products/services
- Engage with the client and Sales Deployment Engineer to ensure the solution design is correct and accurate for the customer, their use case and environment.
- Managing database of potential clients and contacts to ensure information is thorough and up-to-date
- Achieving monthly targets for calls, leads generated, and ultimately closed sales
- Receive the P.O. and hand-off new accounts to be deployed by the Sales Deployment Engineer to ensure the solution is setup and deployed correct, timely, complete and accurate.
- Reporting to leadership on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales activity and closed deals
- Staying up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- This role requires travel within North America
- Work in close collaboration with our sales, marketing, operations and technical teams to identify, develop and close sales opportunities. You’ll be a key member of our new STANLEY Managed Services team to help build new organizational workflows and processes to ensure successful lead generation and account development.
- Receive in-depth training on STANLEY Managed Services to become proficient in presenting and pitching the solutions to our perspective and existing customers.
- Live STANLEY Security’s mission of “For Those Who Make the World Safer”.
- 4+ years of experience particularly a sales development role presenting in front of and via telephone, email and webinars.
- Experience in selling and supporting SaaS solutions and services to enterprise and commercial customers across various markets locally and nationally.
- Comfortable carrying on a conversation with C-Suite Prospects
- Strong attention to detail and strong time-management skills
- Ability to bounce back from challenges; resilient
- Fit into a high-growth, entrepreneurial culture that requires teamwork and significant interaction with employees at all levels
- Hardworking problem solver who leads by example
- Hungry and self-motivating, self-aware, self-disciplined, self-improving, independent, proactive
- High integrity, knowing right from wrong; fully invested in doing the right thing at all times
- Genuine interest in new technology and our key verticals
- An optimistic attitude, strong passion for your work, intellectual curiosity and ability to positively influence your peers.
- A desire to work for an industry leader with a premier reputation. You are resourceful, bright, proactive and a go-getter who works well independently and as part of a team.
Think you’ve got what it takes to make an impact with a global leader? If yes, click the apply button now to begin your career at Stanley Black & Decker.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.