Are you interested in joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies? If so, you have come to the right place. Stanley Black & Decker is an $11B Fortune 500 company that offers a rich and storied history dating back to 1843.
This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive solutions, services, and technologies, STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
Currently, we are investing in some new and exciting areas of SaaS Managed Services to grow our business and are looking for some key talent to ensure successful growth and deployment. There’s never been a better time to join our security team. We are seeking an experienced passionate, self-starter looking for a long-term position as a Sales Deployment Engineer at our corporate headquarters in Fishers, Indiana.
We are looking for the initial members of our Customer Success team to be focused entirely on our STANLEY Managed Services portfolio. You’ll partner with our sales team to recommend, design, support, diagnose and deploy solutions that optimize their security network using newly formed STANLEY Managed Services portfolio. You’ll build strong relationships and establish clear lines of communication with external clients, technical team members and internal employees.
The Sales Deployment Engineer is the STANLEY Managed Services technical SME for the entire managed services and SaaS portfolio and, by virtue of possessing exceptional presentation and technical sales skills, will drive execution of all technical customer engagements, solutions deployments and technical support issues of the deployed solutions for STANLEY Managed Services and SaaS subscriptions. Additional support for enterprise clients will be provided at the request of the Sales Development Consultant or Sales Leadership. The goal of all initiatives is to match the right customer with the right solution in order to drive engagement and ensure that customers achieve maximum potential and satisfaction from the STANLEY Managed Services and SaaS solutions. The Sales Deployment Engineer will monitor and adhere to all department SLAs and KPIs which will include response / resolution times as well as customer deployments, all technical support issues and retention goals.
- Be responsible for the product(s) implementation from the requirements gathering through project launch phase and turn over to Senior Customer Success Specialist for account life-cycle management.
- Provide product and implementation expertise relative to STANLEY Managed Services and SaaS solutions.
- Execute the program requirements gathering process and facilitate product configuration or train/assist the customer with the configuration of the STANLEY Managed Services and SaaS solutions.
- Facilitate effective communication with the customer and STANLEY team by maintaining direct and routine dialogue aimed at resolving roadblocks, as the technical subject matter expert on, solutions, systems, processes and policies.
- Exhibit the appropriate skills to overcome roadblocks and promote the appropriate collaboration and team work within the company and with the customer.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on industry technology, standards and trends, best practices, and have a thorough knowledge of the STANLEY Managed Services and SaaS solutions.
- Interface with numerous teams to ensure that these solutions are implemented at the highest possible level of quality. Candidate will also be responsible for interfacing with a variety of departments successfully and effectively, with appropriate follow up where necessary to be accountable for overall solutions delivery and deployment.
- Where appropriate, will demonstrate:
- Implementation credibility to a prospect or customer
- Impact and influence to work around a problem
- Ability to be decisiveness in decision making
- Good judgment
- Capability to manage conflict
- Meeting facilitation skills
- Multitasking ability
- Execute effective and comprehensive communication strategies.
- Execute a sound approach to give customer excellent implementation experience in support of their reference ability.
- Work in close collaboration with our sales, marketing, operations and technical teams to support the customer success and deployment requirements. You’ll be a key member of our new STANLEY Managed Services team to help build new organizational workflows and processes to ensure successful account development and deployment.
- Receive in-depth training on STANLEY Managed Services to become the technical SME for the prospective customers and deployment projects.
- Live STANLEY Security’s mission of “For Those Who Make the World Safer”.
- 3+ years of progressive consulting experience in a Professional Services or SaaS organization with expert knowledge of consulting and implementation methodologies.
- Experience facilitating technical projects from start to finish.
- Lead requirement-gathering sessions.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Can facilitate multiple product implementations at one time.
- Proven ability to successfully facilitate a small-to-medium size software implementation project as a consultant independently.
- A general understanding of the technologies and architectures used for deploying web-based enterprise, databases and SaaS applications.
- Ability to “read” a perspective customer relative to their experience and skills around software implementation and adapt communication and training strategies accordingly.
- Multiple years’ experience with the following:
- Excellent software implementation skills
- Excellent client interface skills
- Proven cross-functional team success
- The ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management is required.
- This role requires some travel within North America
Think you’ve got what it takes to make an impact with a global leader? If yes, click the apply button now to begin your career at Stanley Black & Decker.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.