Job DescriptionAre you interested in joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies? If so, you have come to the right place. Stanley Black & Decker is an $11B Fortune 500 company that offers a rich and storied history dating back to 1843. Currently, we are in an accelerated growth phase in a rapidly expanding industry. There’s never been a better time to join our security sales team. We are seeking a motivated, self-driven individual looking for a long-term position as a Security Sales Consultant for our Security Business.
The Security Sales Consultant will sell electronic security systems and services to customers by pursuit of prospects, developing, growing and maintaining a sales portfolio in an assigned territory primarily by self-generated leads. Execute sales strategy, identify new opportunities/leads and generate sales portfolio to exceed sales quotas and revenue growth.
- Identify and qualify customer needs, developing sales strategies, negotiating contracts and closing profitable projects with end users. Act as portfolio entrepreneur by developing personal business plan, sales activities and action plans to attain and exceed quotas and sales goals.
- Utilize sales methodologies, tools and innovation to identify, develop and maintain an activity-based lead generation plan within the assigned territory through the use of cold calling, referrals and partnering with National Accounts sales team.
- Develop a personal business plan to exceed your quota.
- Sell to prospective new customers and maintain relationships with current customers to continually assess their needs to create additional sales opportunities and manage a plan for client retention
- Develop and maintain an active recommendation backlog that will support exceeding quota on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis for recurring monthly revenue (RMR) and installation.
- Conduct job site visits/surveys, specify the type of system recommended, provide an investment recommendation and layout to be used for a basis for the contract.
- Provide detailed scope of work with all needed information for operational success.
- Prepare, deliver and execute sales presentations, investment justifications, recommendations and offers to prospective customers to convey products and services that meet their requirements that result in new sales or retention of customers.
- Develop, maintain and utilize a strong working knowledge of all offerings within our products/services solution line to increase and develop sales portfolio.
- Collaborate with installation and service departments to execute the successful delivery of new products and services.
- Create and maintain accurate and up to date information or reports on sales activities, plans and forecasts in sales software, ie Salesforce, other company provided tools and reporting systems.
- Work in concert with sales leadership and other sales associates to attain sales plans, identify future growth and development opportunities.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years B2B sales experience such as territory development and management
- Valid driver's license with no restrictions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience reading and understanding architectural, mechanical and electrical documents
- Demonstrate personal and social awareness in varied and challenging, competitive environment
- Demonstrate business acumen, entrepreneurship and confidence
- Demonstrate commitment to proactively self-generate (“hunt”) for sales and exceed sales quotas on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis for recurring monthly revenue and installations.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal/written communications
- Demonstrate organization, self-motivation and analytical skills
- Demonstrate ability to develop and build relationships
- Demonstrate computer skills, utilizing Microsoft Office product and social media
- Proven ability to proactively identify and prospect potential customers and sales opportunities.
- Ability to work with little or no direct supervision, while producing consistent results.
This position requires travel within a territory up to 80% of the week. The job incumbent must be able to sit for extended periods of time during travel as well working in an office/home environment. The job incumbent will encounter a variety of different working conditions and environments based on customer situations, work sites, etc. Walking may occur on uneven surfaces.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.