Regence Business Systems Analyst or Senior, DOE
Business Systems Analyst or Senior, DOE
Responsibilities & Requirements
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Bring your experience to a role where you will:
- Apply analysis of business systems and automatic data processing solutions to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of work processes for both current and future business needs.
- Working and consulting with business management and information technology staff to define business and work process requirements, understand application data requirements, configure applications, test system functionality, document system functionality, train users, apply the use of related tools, and participate in related project work.
- Function as a resources to other business systems staff, is an expert in a number of component areas, and is an expert member of project teams.
These are intended to be define the breadth of Business Systems Analyst functions. Incumbents typically are assigned a number of these functions, but the assignments will vary over time due to changing business needs. Typically works under general supervision taking directions from a business area/system management and/or business systems analyst lead.
- Facilitates development, understanding and documentation of business requirements in the specific business area (s).
Provides expertise of both business systems techniques to other business analysts in the development or review of business system requirements.
- Assists in the development of new or changed business requirements.
- May compare business requirements with other organizations inside and outside Regence.
- Participates in developing requirements which are documented and comply with audit and traceability expectations and standards.
- Analyzes business processes, tests, and develops improved business processes using functional system design and other techniques such as context diagrams, current and future state process models, key performance indicators, and gap analysis.
- Recommends improvements in business processes based either on increased effectiveness and efficiency or to accommodate changes in customer expectations.
- May analyze ability of computer software systems to determine to optimal configuration for capturing business transactions.
- Applies expertise to recommend solutions to business process issues.
Computer application specifications
- Applies expertise to the development of a recommendation how to handle a business issues with system tools.
- Translates business processes into requirements which can affect application configuration and set up.
- Functions as the source information on the specifications for an area of business operations who need this information.
- Functions as a business area expert to answers questions and address issues on the operations of an application which may come from staff or management.
End user or customer acceptable testing
- Designs and develops acceptance testing regimens, and determines performance criteria, using standards defined in the business area.
- Oversees testing of business processes which may be conducted by business area staff and/or by other business system analysts.
- Evaluates the results of end user acceptance testing, and documents areas where testing finds need for improvement.
- Queries databases supporting the business areas, writes reports to gathers data needed by business areas for dealing with business issues and business related decisions.
- Problem solving business issues which arise involving business process and/or interaction with one or more applications, and recommends solutions to team leadership.
- May help business users understand business processes.
- Trains other business system analyst staff on department processes, operating characteristics of the systems, and configuration conventions.
- Assists with the liaisons with RITS staff to ensure they understand business processes, requirements, and specifications and the business area has appropriate understanding of the technical issues which arise from RITS work.
- Functions as an expert on project teams.
- Follows established change protocol including appropriate approvals of deliverables by management.
- May lead small or less complex projects.
Minimum Job Qualifications and Technical Competencies:
- A college degree is desired in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration or related fields. College degree may be substituted by sufficient years of experience in the health care industry. A minimum of three years experience in defining and analyzing business requirements, process modeling, functional systems design or configuration and/or acceptance testing is required.
- Some experience with health insurance or general health industry is highly preferred.
- Experience with a business area that is supported by this position (i.e. claims processing, membership processing, provider relations, etc.) is preferred.
- Proficient using programming languages ie. sql coding , software tools, and/or a variety of desktop applications is required.
- Proficient in SQL development.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface effectively with our business partners.
- Ability to be flexible, think on your feet and adapt easily in an ever changing environment.
- A strong background in test case development, test case execution using SQL while performing performance indicators and gap analysis on the current and future state of the data and workflow.
Business Systems Analyst Senior
Duties of the Regence Business Systems Analyst Senior are similar in task to Regence Business Systems Analyst but differ in complexity and depth of knowledge is required.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in defining and analyzing business requirements, process modeling, functional systems design or configuration and/or acceptance testing is required.
- A college degree is desired in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration or related fields. College degree may be substituted by sufficient years of experience in the health care industry. Some experience with health insurance or general health industry is preferred.
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members more than 100 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you’re seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers’ engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]