BE Empowered. BE A Team Player. BE Innovative. Be all that and more at Colliers International. Join our team as aReal Estate & Financial Analyst Intern in Toronto.
We’re seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented individual who’s looking to support our Asset Management team. Are you ready for a new opportunity in commercial real estate? Apply today.
At Colliers International, we help leaders succeed by helping them build amazing workplaces, businesses and communities around the world. We do this by thinking differently, sharing innovative ideas and offering a unique and collaborative workplace where you can succeed.
Who you are
As the Real Estate & Financial Analyst Intern, you will work closely with the Director of Asset Management and be responsible for:
- Financial Modelling - Providing financial analysis in regard to real estate investment and operational decisions. This includes: creating and managing Excel/ Argus models to evaluate site options and provide strategic recommendations.
- Site Analysis - Evaluating and providing analysis in regard to properties, new development sites and value-add opportunities. This includes, identifying underperforming assets and providing market-based recommendations that enhance value.
- Reporting - Preparing reports and slide-decks for client meetings and deliverables, including asset plans and strategic documentation.
- Collaborating - Collaborating with the Director, Asset Management and other members of the group with the everyday functions required to manage the overall Colliers’ portfolio .
What you bring:
- Financial modeling skills – This includes Excel, Argus, analytical skills, problem solving skills and technical skills. Knowledge of Yardi and Argus is a bonus.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal – an ability to work with colleagues and also report on and present to the senior leadership team. You will pitch and present your results to the Asset Director and other internal stakeholders to assist with key decisions.
- People Skills – an ability to work with different personalities and work styles. Ambitious, detail oriented, yet also easy going and adaptable. Understands and has a commitment to service excellence in dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Organization Skills – an ability to see the big picture as well as the details. The role requires the analyst to keep organized records of model inputs and data sources and be diligent in regard to information changes.
Bonus skills and experience:
- University degree in Business, Finance or Engineering
- An educational or professional background that incorporates financial analysis and reporting in a real estate context would be a bonus.
- A passion for the commercial real estate industry and a basic understanding of the business model as well as leasing, operational and cash-flow drivers.
BE who you are and what you want to be with Colliers International. We’d love to meet you. Apply today to join our team.
Direct applicants only please, no agencies.
Colliers is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Colliers encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the recruitment team by email at [email protected] .