Job TitleQuality Assurance Manager
A Quality Assurance Manager is a coordinator, supervisor, and lead-planner for the testing of Application updates, new product features, and technical components to ensure they’re all performing at the expected quality. The Quality Assurance Manager’s primary responsibility is to plan and coordinate internal and external testing phases that will ensure Apps fulfil the quality requirements.
Their secondary responsibility is to assist Production with any support they need with Production tasks.
- Understand the quality expectations of the portfolio of products.
- Write clear and concise test cases for existing/new features and technical components required to achieve app and group success.
- Manage test phases across releases to ensure quality delivery.
- Manage and execute internal testing requirements.
- Own and manage QA partner relationships for specific engagements.
- Assess and execute improvements to general QA practises both internally and externally.
- Approve releases across portfolio of apps to ensure we maintain our commitment to quality.
- Monitor product performance and proactively identify quality issues (stability and user feedback) and drive back into development pipeline.
- Identify opportunities for usability testing and drive execution, measuring and report results.
- Manage online tools related to the QA process (JIRA, TestRail, Wrike).
- Identify risks, issues, and problems with product/component quality and escalate as appropriate, proposing mitigation plans to overcome obstacles.
- Pursue product and industry knowledge, identify trends and opportunities, and become a subject matter expert on designated products.
- Provide insights into test phase estimating and timing, as well as monitoring status of test phases to ensure timely deliveries.
- Support in the creation and uploading of Metadata to App Stores.
- Assist Production with any Production tasks that are needed (Assistant Producer) across relevant products.
- Be an extension of Production by learning best Production practises and supporting where needed to deliver product releases on time and to the expected quality.
- Extensive platform knowledge across iOS and Android mobile ecosystems.
- Stay on trend with platform developments.
- 2+ years’ experience in QA
- Strong understanding of Google Play for developer’s console and Apple iTunes Connect. Experience with iOS and/or Android
- Strong QA management skills, understanding of the digital space, including experience with Information Architecture, mobile applications, iPad/Tablet PC development, and Video.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail- and Quality-Oriented
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Organizational Awareness and Teamwork
- Influencing and Persuading
- Judgment and Decision-Making
- Project Management
- Strong Business Acumen
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage priorities, including multiple products
- Show deep commitment to and empathy for the consumer
- Willingness to learn
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Product Design, Business or a related field
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.