Tasked with envisioning and executing on tools and technologies that drive world-class quality is our Central Development Services (CDS) team at Electronic Arts. This group is on the forefront of emerging technologies and tools that enable our teams to create and code better and more efficiently. Working as one team they are pushing the envelope and evolving the Quality function, designed to be nimble, innovative and preventive, rather than solely detective.
We are now searching for a Quality Analyst to join one of our AAA game titles. Working in Quality Assurance you perform a vital role in game development, supporting iterative development. Essentially, you are the expert and voice of quality for an assigned game, franchise or feature. The job involves testing and playing the game in a systematic way, analyzing the game’s performance against the designer’s intentions, identifying problems, and suggesting improvements. In effect, you act as the game’s first audience, reporting on playability and identifying any aspects which could be improved.
The Quality Analyst role applies black-box and grey-box testing, utilizing data and automated testing to identify bugs as early as possible in the development cycle. They review designs to make sure that the title reduces the amount of bugs it creates and review designs for “fun”. This requires strong test strategies and experience which challenge the software to ensure a very high level of quality (Functional, Reliable, Usable and High Performance).
- Pre- and Post-integration testing (Grey-box and/or tools-assisted manual testing).
- Discovery, reproduction and regression of defects, as well as defect origin analysis
- Risk analysis of new features and iterations - impact and scope
- Continuous Test Planning and execution with upstream test practices
- Debugging support, log capture, tinkering with technologies
- Graduate from Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other coding backgrounds preferred but not essential
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and how it applies to QA
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with development partners, customers, support teams, and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
- Strong observational skills, analytical and detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills and experience working in Scrum/Agile environment a plus
- Ability to take ownership of project requirements without constant supervision
- Ability to analyze personal and team process for innovation opportunities, and escalate potential improvements
- Minimum 1 year of QA experience, Mobile platform preferred
Applicants are encouraged to highlight how they meet these requirements in their cover letter.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.