QA Project Manager
We are EA
Capital Games is on the hunt for bright, talented, people with a passion for making the world’s best games. What’s in it for you? A super-fun environment, rewarding work, excellent benefits, and lots of great perks (matching gift donations, onsite yoga, and more).
The Challenge Ahead:
As a QA Project Manager, you’ll be primarily responsible for the planning and execution of all testing aspects for one of our major titles. With the ever increasing complexity of the industry, you will be required to focus not only on the Game and its content, but also the surrounding Services to ensure there is a robust End-to-End quality plan.
You will be a key player in strategic discussions for both products and the studio as well as form part of the leadership team within the local QA organization.
What a QA Project Manager does at EA:
The QA Project Manager will align closely with development team leaders to create and maintain an up-to-date Quality Plan for the product. This plan will define a project budget, forecast a staff plan, communication plan and overall test strategy including outlining required tools and technology integration. You will be tasked with establishing and maintaining productive and efficient partnerships with external groups and Test Centers, defining the effective methods of reporting and communication between the teams.
You will be responsible for tracking and reporting the progress of the project during development with a focus on data-driven analysis, and to continually assess the product’s quality and identify any areas of risk. Should risks be identified, you will be expected to quantify these and communicate to stakeholders then work with development and QA management to produce suitable mitigation plans.
As the owner of the project budget, you will track expenditure and report forecasted costs in a regular cadence to QA and Development management. A key part of this will be managing the resource plan for the project, ensuring it is appropriate for project status and risk level.
As a Project Manager, you will be a key member of both the local studio and the worldwide QA organizations and will contribute to strategic improvement processes. You will be expected to champion any novel or beneficial practices your team is employing and to be continually assessing your team’s processes for opportunities. You will need to be open to new approaches and changes in strategic direction, and be able to roll these out effectively using transparent communication and open feedback to ensure success.
You will be a leader within the local studio, motivating and challenging your team to succeed. You will also be a mentor to your direct reports, guiding individual team members through their career development via regular and constructive feedback, and listening and acting on their concerns where appropriate.
- 5 years of QA testing experience with at least 2 years of managerial experience
- Proven track record of working in multi-disciplined project and/or test management
- In-depth understanding of software quality assurance concepts and procedures.
- Excellent understanding of software development processes, change management and process improvement.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence and persuade those not in your reporting structure
- Proven organizational skills with experience of managing a local team of 5+ and an external test center.
- Experience operating as a people manager, guiding direct reports in their career development
- Strong time management skills to enable you to priorities, delegate and multi-task across competing demands
- Commercial awareness to be able to view situations from a business perspective
- A passion for Mobile Games and experience with the Freemium Model preferred
- Experience with working on games as a live service, preferably a mobile title post-production
- Experience of working with Agile (Scrum, XP etc…) Development Processes
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/sacramento
Contact: Shanda Wood - email@example.com
- Our work schedule: This is a full time position with typical office hours
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.