Who is Stanley Black & Decker?
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we’ll keep making it work.
Our Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for a Public Relations Specialist based in Towson, MD.
- Develop and execute PR campaigns that promote new product launches with press releases and pitches to the media/editors
- Develop relationships with media, explore new opportunities with non-traditional sources
- Provide event support including press events, trade shows, desk sides visits, and webinars
- Maintain media lists in all relevant industries
- Analyze coverage and results monthly with tracking, reporting, and dashboards
- Create presentations that can be shared internally to showcase coverage results
- Coordination of awards submissions and calendars
- Media monitoring, analysis and distribution
- Write corporate communications, scripts, press releases, and speaking points for executives
- Manage product sample distribution and maintain sample budget
- Help with brainstorming copy, naming, new concepts, etc
- Manage new product launch calendar
- Participate in Product Knowledge sessions in order to develop press releases
- Work across business units to coordinate with the other PR teams as needed for consistency/efficiency
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent rapport with the media (existing contacts preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or similar field
- 1 to 3 years of experience (agency or in-house) in consumer product Public Relations
- Positive attitude, energy and personality; enthusiasm; strong team player whether working on the daily day to day or bringing a new team member up to speed.
Technical proficiencies preferred in the following areas:
- PR Newswire
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Social Media use
We provide women at Stanley Black & Decker with an environment where they are empowered to:
- Pursue career advancement opportunities.
- Achieve leadership positions.
- Have access to resources to support their professional development.
As an employee at Stanley Black & Decker, you can join a local Chapter of the Stanley Black & Decker Women's Network! Also, follow us on Twitter here: @sbd_women
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.