Job TitleProject Manager, Kitchen Appliance
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Responsible to end-to-end lead and drive product/technology/system/solution creation from the initial start until the introduction in the Market or until internal company delivery, while meeting financial target, product requirements and on time market launch, in order to fulfill stakeholders/business needs.
You are responsible for
- Lead, coach & motivate the project team including external and internal to realize project requirements (Schedule, Quality and Cost).
- Implementation of all Project Management related key processes, e.g. PDLM, NPI, Change Control, Project Status, etc. and provide input to drive improvement
- Drive the finalization of the upfront product definition (e.g. commercial specification, User requirement specification, Value Proposition House, Marketing introduction plan, etc) to support the project execution.
- Formulate overall project plan (including project time line, resources, etc) with the team and other relevant external parties
- Manage overall project risks (e.g. Commercial risk, financial risk, etc)
- Provide regular, comprehensive, and accurate project status report (with quality, risk, planning etc) to ensure project progress is shared with the top-level owner and all relevant stake holders to facilitate understanding of the progress and the request for prompt support (escalation) when needed.
- Drive the Quality process to ensure compliance to quality and specification to meet customer’s expectation (i.e. Quality plan formulation and review process, DFSS tracker, Design review and maturity follow-up, NPS, etc)
- Drive the realization of value chain DFX (eg platforming, supplier V-model implementation
- Leading a project where more disciplines are involved.
- Co-ordination between the sub-projects.
- Manage Internal stakeholders and externals like OEM/ODM/Subcontractors
- Project characteristics:
- Sustaining innovation, Customer need and application is known.
- Incremental changes or portfolio extensions supporting the current business
- Co-ordination between the sub-projects
- Multi-site, complex project.
- Manages a project team of >7 team members
- Coaching of team members
You are a part of
Kitchen Appliance Innovation team.
- Report to Project Office Leader or Innovation Lead.
- Inside the organization the Project Manager has contacts with the project team, other project managers, architects, developers, Quality , Operations, Commercial Marketing (CMM) , Design, Supply Demand and Innovation Lead
- Outside contacts are the relevant or impacted business community, ODM, EMS, Design House.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Specific knowledge/Academic degree of technical engineering of the relevant field and related disciplines and industry
- Professional knowledge of project management methods (min. 4 years) and estimation techniques (resources, time and risks) for the relevant technical/functional discipline.
- Strong consumer mindset/business oriented with strong leadership skills
- Excellent soft skills like people management, team management, communication.
- Negotiation skills; managing OEM/ODM/Subcontractors.
- Experience in Domestic Appliances products is a strong plus.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Opportunities for working cross-functionally on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.