Dow Jones & The Wall Street Journal’s International Events Team are seeking an experienced Project Manager to help oversee flagship projects in EMEA and APAC - with support to the US group on an ad-hoc basis where required. In this newly created position, the successful candidate will be tasked with working with the Events Team Project Lead to create detailed project plans and ensure the core working group keep to critical deadlines and deliver all associated tasks in a timely fashion for the benefit of the project as a whole. The role will require a high level of collaboration, coordination, attention to detail and ability to multitask. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with colleagues in EMEA, APAC and the US - with some associated travel/out of hours work - as required.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the project under the guidance of the Events Team Project Lead - project plan/gantt chart creation, RAG status meetings/prep, budgeting, forecasting and financial tracking, mapping of roles and responsibilities within core group etc.
- Liaison with internal cross-functional teams – Marketing, Events, Membership, Finance and other connecting teams.
- Develop detailed schedules, work plans and resource maps to ensure everyone is tasked aware of the project deadlines, delivery and accountability
- Work with the Events Team Project Lead, Team Coordinators and Finance to ensure everything is correctly budgeted, forecast and accounted for financial reporting - pre, post and during the projects
- Ensure project stakeholders and management are kept appropriately informed - via verbal and written communication - of project status and that there is sufficient record of meetings and decision-making - pre, post and during the projects
- On a ad-hoc basis work on sabbatical (or an agreed timeframe) for a different core group for a specific project delivery - i.e programming support for Future of Everything Festival/ Tech Live Laguna and/or Membership Management for WSJ’s activation ‘Journal House’ at Davos/Cannes
- Work with the Programing team and Program Lead on assigned programs. Responsibilities include:
- Tracking of speaker invitations and responses for individual events
- Maintaining database of confirmed event speaker logistics: bios, photos, contacts, travel plans, special requests
- Templatize and manage communications to new speakers to ensure they are onboarded and welcomed after they’ve confirmed their participation
- Serving as an internal contact and resource for speaker requests related, but not limited, to registration, logistics, agenda
- Confirming speakers’ participation in specific conference events, i.e. receptions, dinners, etc.
- Copying edit speaker section of programs and websites
- Providing marketing dept. with speaker information
- Coordinating pre-event calls with editors
- Generating event-specific reports
- Ensuring speakers are properly registered for events
- Helping to prep onsite production materials, scripts, speaker facebook etc.
- Support the EMEA Program Manager and Head of International Membership Sales with ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Proactively identify, manage and resolve issues and risks
- Manage multiple projects at the same time
- Bachelor’s degree
- Effective team player with exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work across a matrix structure with a number of different cross functional teams / senior stakeholders
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter, confident, energetic, positive, focused, dependable, adaptable, proactive, resourceful and possesses a “can do” attitude
- Ability to work well under timeframe pressure, handling multiple projects at the same time and posting colleagues on progress regularly
- Strong familiarity with CVent CRM, project management software and/or Event based technology would be considered an advantageous
- Willingness to learn/implement new systems, processes and pivot - sometimes at the last minute - to support/help deliver the task in question
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: WSJ MEMBERSHIP GROUP
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 18017
Since 1882, we have built a global reputation for essential high-quality, ethical and independent journalism. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to become a world-wide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including our [...]