Ultimate Software is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our fast-paced, enterprise-wide Services’ Business Solutions group. Our team provides leadership and organization for key operational and strategic business projects, which typically cross multiple divisions within the company. This Project Manager role crosses all processes and phases of the project management lifecycle.
Qualified candidates possess broad experience managing complex business solutions as well as technology based projects. This position demands an individual that can conceptualize the big picture strong partnering skills with the ability to guide project owner’s senior leadership. Problem solving expertise, and ability to partner and guide business owners organizational skills and, while working with current and emerging technologies, and managing team dynamics. Excellent project management skills, team orientation, flexibility, innovative thinking, and self-motivation are required for success.
This is your opportunity to capitalize on the project management wisdom and insight you have achieved! Our company is growing and our Business Solutions team has opportunities that will provide both challenges and recognition for your successes!
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Partners with Business Owners, team members and other key personnel across various departments to schedule, execute and maintain the tax services production cycle
- Ability to communicate and recommend best course of action when opportunities arise
- Ability to rally and inspire resources
- Evaluate, negotiate, and prioritize work requests for effective resource management
- Ensure project plans and related activities support key organization business objectives and major deliverables for customer-facing and corporate application systems
- Facilitate appropriate communication methods and tracking tools to ensure identification and management of risks, mitigation strategies, plan activities, dependencies, impacts, escalation channels, financial budget and detailed project documentation
- Identify appropriate resources for definition and validation requirements / specifications within project scope.
- Responsible for overseeing and consolidating overall project status reporting to executive management.
- Serves as primary point of contact for project team
- Resolve project issues to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction expectations
- Contribute to, support, and promote identification of best practices, and use of all project management tools, techniques, and methodologies within the Business Solutions’ team
General Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Support our company’s project management best practices and provide feedback to improve the processes
- Participate in regular Team meetings / activities, as appropriate
- Support and assist team members in process improvements
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Project Management focused on business and technology solutions
- 10 years of experience in successfully leading and managing multiple software development/application deployment, enterprise-wide systems integration / implementation projects, with varying complexity
- Successful at interacting with a variety of cross-functional teams
- Ability to motivate resources on a common goal
- Proven leadership with effective negotiation, interpersonal and partnering skills
- Highly knowledgeable of project management lifecycle and techniques
- Excellent ability to handle multiple initiatives under tight deadlines
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- Must have an understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Ability to determine the right resources needed to effectively perform job assignments
- Comfortable with change – know how and when to be effective, successful change agents
- Strong, effective decision-making skills
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills
- High degree of organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail
- Team oriented for collaboration
- Projects completed per agreed to dates
- Effective communication of project status and prioritization
- Knowledge of agile / scrum methodologies
- Business analysis methodologies and experience
- Working knowledge of Sharepoint, Project Management Tools
- Application deployment and information systems planning
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or combination of education and experience in a business discipline (HR, Finance, Project Management) and training
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]