Embedded Project Manager – Central Operations, Key Accounts
This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive line of products, services, and technologies, STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
This position provides project leadership for all aspects of electronic security systems integration and assigned projects, owns the overall planning, initiation, execution, monitoring and controlling, and closing aspects of projects, and is accountable for project success. The Project Manager will manage all aspects of projects from analysis and pre-planning through implementation and close. The Project Manager is responsible for supervision or coordination with engineering staff, local field office delivery personnel, subcontractors and administrative staff, determining needs and scheduling people and resources effectively. The Project Manager will appropriately plan and schedule work and manage the project to ensure completion of project scope on-time, within budget, and with quality. The Project Manager will engage in the appropriate customer interactions and engage other stakeholders as needed for customer interactions. Finally, the Project Manager will be required to handle multiple projects at any given time, all with varying schedules, scopes of work, staffing levels and requirements.
Embedded with an assigned customer, this position will work closely with other departments such as Engineering, Sales, Partner Development/Resource Management, and Field Operations and Sales. Additional duties may be defined by the specific customer account stakeholders including daily direction and reporting responsibilities.
- Effectively plan, execute, monitor and control, and close projects using principles, methods, and standard techniques that are appropriate to the specific project.
- Develop appropriate planning documents including project plans, scope documents, SOW’s, charters, etc. Reviews requirements to determine scope, effort, schedule, time frame, funding requirements, staffing requirements, allotment of available resources to various phases of the projects, and metrics.
- Develop appropriate sub-plans such as a communications plan, quality assurance plan, resource plan, procurement plan, deployment plan, etc.
- Create and manage an effective project schedule.
- Manage the Monitoring and Controlling aspects of a project including issue/risk identification and resolution, change management, reporting and internal/external communication, financial management, metrics, etc.
- Identify, document, and prioritize project change requests and facilitate approval process.
- Set and manage expectations with resource manager(s) and team member(s) regarding allocation to the project and performance expectations.
- Ensure effective Quality Assurance/Quality Control mechanisms are in place and adhered to.
- Execute project closeout activities including turnover to appropriate operations teams.
- Collaborate with other groups and departments directly to ensure a successful project.
- Follow-up and report on key metrics including customer satisfaction.
- Leads the definition, execution, and delivery of project deliverables.
- Generate new techniques, ideas and solutions that can improve delivery quality, increase efficiency, and reduce costs. Identifies lessons learned and shares with organization.
- Coach and mentor new team members as they come aboard.
- Support other groups as needs arise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of Enterprise level electronic security systems
- 3+ years of Project Manager experience
- Valid Drivers License
- Bachelor’s degree desired or adequate experience.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in the application of Project Management fundamentals, methodologies, and tools.
- Excellent organization, personnel management, and matrix management skills. Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Excellent customer interaction and relationship skills.
- Proven communication (verbal, written, presentation) and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated successful history of Project Management leadership including leading multiple simultaneous projects for a minimum of two years.
- Domain knowledge/expertise in the commercial security industry is a plus particularly in the area of customer installations.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.