As a Project Manager within the Ultimate Software Services Customer Success team, the Project Manager is responsible for planning, managing, and successfully implementing new and cycle-based projects. Qualified candidates will have strong experience managing multiple high-complexity projects simultaneously and are experienced in effectively communicating and negotiating resource, cost, and timeline information to our internal and external customers. Qualified candidates will exercise leadership and organizational management skills to ensure all assigned projects meet time and cost estimates. The Project Manager works with the Post Activation/Additional Business team to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget, meeting the customer’s stated and implied business needs.
As a Project Manager, you will work closely with other Ultimate Software managers, team leads, and team members to identify and communicate requirements and needs, scope, effort, resource and timeline requirements. You will be the main point of contact for our customers as it relates to identifying resources and timeline and other deliverables related to our customers’ requests. You will also have mentoring and coaching responsibilities for the new consultants on the team, as needed. All Project Managers will contribute to training and to process documentation the Team Leads own.
Excellent consulting, time management skills, flexible and creative problem-solving skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and self-motivation are required for success in this role.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Identify and communicate project work plans, scope requirements, timeline, and project resourcing requirements
- Revise and communicate, as needed, to meet changing situations
- Prepare, coordinate, and lead meetings between customers and appropriate Ultimate team members, as needed
- Manage projects using our methodology standards
- Enforce project standards to ensure deliverable quality
- Ensure that both customers and team members are meeting their project commitments to assure a successful customer implementation
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current, and archived appropriately
- Communicate, using a variety of mediums, project status, risks, and options to both internal and external stakeholders
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong, effective decision-making and multi-tasking skills within stringent deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet changing scope and resource situations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Previous consulting experience and project/program/engagement management
- Comfortable working multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail oriented
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Education/Certification/License: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- PMP Certification preferred
- Knowledgeable of the human resources/payroll/benefits discipline
- Experience in a product-based software development environment a plus
- This position involves sitting/standing and typing on a keyboard.
- 15-20%, as required
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.