Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Program/Project Management Senior for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX or Remote facility.
We are currently seeking a Compliance Anti-Money Laundering professional with extensive background in banking business and risk management projects, extensive experience in compliance and in-depth understanding of Anti -Money Laundering regulations, deep appreciation of the intense regulatory environment. Exhibits strong leadership qualities working both independently and in team oriented collaborative environments. Is proactive, resourceful and a self-starter. Oversees and effectively leads multiple priorities/projects simultaneously from inception through post implementation review. Able to perform high level analysis for business requests and develops summary documents with executive finish.
Engages in the planning, execution, and delivery of programs and projects intended to accomplish business goals and objectives within prescribed timeframes and budgets. Develops an advanced understanding of how project activities contribute to the achievement of strategic business goals and operational objectives. Collaborates with key stakeholders and project/program teams to ensure objectives are met.
- Drives implementation of multiple, complex project/program initiatives, working closely with cross-functional teams and resources to achieve multiple program and project milestones within established timeframes.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for complex programs and projects through the development of project plans intended to accomplish goals and objectives within prescribed timeframes and budgets.
- Ensures consistent visibility for program and project teams by monitoring and reporting business objectives, program/project achievements, and key indicators.
- Communicates with project stakeholders and executive/senior management, and provides insight on issues through root cause analyses.
- Facilitates collaboration on creative alternatives to project challenges with subject matter experts
- Removes obstacles and impediments to ensure business and operational objectives are met.
- Drives adoption and challenges standards.
- Identifies and applies best practices and needed process improvements.
- Establishes advanced capabilities in program and project design where possible.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitors project execution to deliver incremental business value.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 or more years of relevant experience in project or program management
- Advanced knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- CAMS certification
- PMP certification
- Strong presentation development and communication skills
- Strong and demonstrable Banking Risk, Compliance and Anti-Money Laundering Experience
- Experienced in business process development and improvement
- Advanced-Expert level user of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Intermediate level user of Microsoft Access
- 6 or more years of experience in analysis/reporting; data analysis/extraction experience and statistics
- Proven proactive problem solver; identifying efficiencies, problem areas and/or potential improvements supporting key business objectives
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 09/16/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
At USAA, you’ll find a welcoming environment where everyone has a true passion for our mission. Our employees are immersed in a culture that profoundly embraces the service and sacrifices made by those we serve – the U.S. military and their families.