Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
This position will be reporting to Marco Heuer and the bill rate should not exceed $80 per hour. The location will be in Chicago, DC or REMOTE.
Arc Publishing (https://www.arcpublishing.com/) is an award-winning, state-of-the-art digital platform and suite of tools that’s engineered to meet the demands of modern publishers and brands around the world. Built by The Washington Post, Arc technology handles complex publishing and audience needs across video, web, apps, subscriptions and ad monetization, providing a competitive advantage enhanced by a set of sophisticated machine learning and AI-powered tools. Arc has powered the digital transformation of clients both large and small across the globe. At its core, Arc is about speed and innovation: for readers, newsrooms, brands, advertisers and developers.
As an increasing number of large digital publishers move their critical business processes to Arc Publishing, we are in need of high-powered technical consulting talent to assist their development teams in architecting sensible solutions on the Arc platform themselves, or in designing a well-conceived project plan and architecture for a solution that will be delivered by our own professional services team. The Arc digital publishing suite includes its own developer platform, and clients look to our team for assistance in helping them make the right technical design decisions to achieve their business needs.
We are currently looking for a hands-on SEO Analyst who can analyze a set of previously launched and in-progress sites, analyze and pinpoint deficiencies. The ideal candidate is a proactive problem solver that likes to improve on how we run today but should be running tomorrow.
The position is a contracting position of up to 6months.
- Ability to audit upcoming and past client launches, and understand technical SEO deficiencies.
- Use the analytics tools to provide a comprehensive analysis of upcoming client’s technical SEO deficiencies and opportunities.
- Ability to identify, plan + prioritize, and execute technical SEO recommendations with the Professional Services engineering team, within an Agile framework.
- Ability to research technical issues and make actionable and well-informed recommendations based on your findings.
- Should be able to pass recommendations back to clients and able to communicate in laymen’s terms with clients if needed.
- Triage findings to help understand where there are 1) platform opportunities and 2) client-side opportunities.
- No hands-on coding is required.
- No travel is planned.
- 5+ years of experience in SEO.
- Overall expertise in technical SEO; especially in optimizing crawl budget, sitemaps, canonicals, etc.
- Hands-on experience with SEO tools, such as SEM Rush, Botify, Deepcrawl.
- Proficiency in using analytics tools, for example Omniture, Google, and Google Search Console.
- Experience and understanding of the effect of site migrations and responsive projects on technical SEO.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience and ability to provide editorial SEO notes where helpful.
- Experience with international SEO, especially with regards to Europe and South America.
- Hands-on work with APM tools or digital experience management solutions, like CatchPoint.
- Experience with content management systems and the specific needs of newsrooms and publications.
- Should be comfortable with both breaking and evergreen content organizations.
- Ability to understand and improve performance metrics (TTI, FCP, etc.) and experience with Lighthouse.
The Washington Post was named the #8 Most Innovative Company of 2018 in the world by Fast Company – an award reflective of our dedication to transformation, integrity and quality. In addition, we maintained our title of #1 Most Innovative Media Company of 2018 by Fast Company. We are combining our [...]