Work in a team-based environment within a manufacturing department responsible for producing molecular biology reagents for use in research in the life sciences industry.
This position requires working in a timely and efficient manner to produce solutions for the Thermo Fisher Scientific facility in Carlsbad.
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Perform work in accordance with daily production schedules to fulfill work orders and special requests
- Follow batch records to perform solution preparation while documenting the production process as required
- Utilize basic mathematical skills to perform required calculations and provide accurate data documentation
- Maintain cleanliness of the solutions lab on a daily basis
- Maintain inventory of chemicals in solutions lab. Maintain inventory of solutions/reagents in the supported Manufacturing labs.
- Clear communication and escalation of material shortages and/or nonconformities
- Provide assistance to adjacent groups after daily duties have been achieved
- Learn and follow all departmental SOPs, guidelines, and procedures
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear
- Reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting regularly 20+ pounds
- May be required to lift weight of 45 pounds or more, with assistance and/or with equipment on occasion
- Must be able to wear a respirator
- Must be able to use excel
- Good time management and attention to detail is essential
- Perform daily updates in multiple database systems
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma (or GED) required
- At least 2 years’ experience in a related field, preferably a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred
- Must be able to adapt and be flexible to a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Well organized, detail oriented and proficient at multitasking
- Works well in a team environment and individually
- Displays positive attitude toward job and others
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, close vision and ability to adjust focus required. Regularly required to lift up to 20 pounds.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
As the world’s leader in serving science, at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our professionals develop critical solutions—and build rewarding careers. We offer services and products that help customers around the globe in laboratories and clinics, on production lines and out in the field.