Job TitleProduct Research Officer
Product Research Officer, Kitchen Appliance
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work in the innovation and development team to Kitchen Appliance. PRC (Product Research Center) represent the Voice of the Consumer in Innovation & Development.
Drive the translation of powerful insights into product requirements that delight consumers better than competition and live up to the Brand promise of innovation and you.
The influence of PRC spans from Insight generation/ concept development to market launch and beyond and forms a link between I&D and the business.
You are responsible for
- Identify consumer needs by initiating and conducting appropriate consumer research methodologies to collect consumer insights and requirements on functionality and usability of product.
- Translate consumer needs into measureable user and product requirements. Check and optimize user experience throughout product development cycles to ensure the product deliver the benefits it promises to provide.
- Ensure timely and adequate delivery of milestone documentation for projects.
- Conduct tests (including usability test, HPT etc.) to validate product specifications (targets, limits & tolerance) aim at measuring performance in given areas
Build-up and maintain knowledge base (e.g. consumer habits, likes and dislikes) gathered through tests or research.
Follow food/cooking trend in the targeted countries.
Develop recipes for kitchen appliances
You are a part of
Kitchen Appliance Innovation team.
Report to PRC Dept. Leader.
Inside the organization, PRC has contact and is integral part of the project team, such as Project Managers, Architects, Developers, Quality, Operations, CMM, Design and Innovation Lead.
Outside contacts are the relevant or impacted business community, ODM, EMS, Design House, Consumer Study agencies.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree or higher education in any of these fields: Human Factors; Psychology; Behavioral sciences; Sensory Science; Industrial Design; Interaction Design; Ergonomics; Human Computer Interaction; Engineering ; Food Science or Food & Nutrition
- >2 years of working experience in consumer/user-oriented research OR some relevant experience in working with consumer products;
- Proactive; eagerness to learn; Curious to know about current trends of relevant fields; Passion, Good team player; Influential to cross function members.
- Knowledge in using kitchen appliances/cooking/baking.
- MUST HAVE good understanding of common research methodologies (qualitative and quantitative research methodologies; usability studies; sensory research; etc.)
- Ability to conduct quantitative and qualitative studies (online surveys, interviews, ethnographic research etc.) , desktop researches and benchmark studies; to analyze data coming from these studies and effectively report results
- Can determines on the basis of own understanding/technical knowledge how best to solve abnormalities.
- Identifies problems in straightforward situations, assesses each using standard procedures, and makes proposals for solution.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Opportunities for working cross-functionally on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.