Product Marketing Director
We believe the most powerful marketing happens in-person. Our mission is to develop the most innovative event technology on the planet to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences in-person. From simplifying event asset creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables marketers to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
About the role:
We’re looking for our first-ever product marketing director to lead product marketing at Splash. As product marketing director, you’ll be responsible for the go-to market for our current product and new releases (we’ve got a big one coming this fall!); continuously educating and enabling internal stakeholders on our unique positioning, the problems we solve, and how we solve them; and validating the market, including deeply understanding our customers, industry, and competitive threats. You’ll work with hand-in-hand with product, marketing, customer success, and sales to deliver the best product to right customers at the right time, ensuring new business growth, existing business expansion, and product adoption. The successful candidate will have a strategic yet hands-on approach to product marketing.
- Go-to Market
- Develop and execute go-to-market plans for new products, features and services, including positioning, packaging, distribution, promotion, and differentiation
- Quarterback product launches, being the liaison between product, marketing, customer success, sales, and the broader business for timing and scope of launches
- Create toolkits and enablement materials for sales, CS, and marketing, ensuring all are equipped to sell the solution, including messaging and positioning by user/buyer persona and vertical
- Develop thought leadership content and campaigns that drive prospects deeper down the funnel, including playbooks, datasheets, faqs, whitepapers, webinars, presentations, etc.
- Understand and communicate how releases, enablement materials and product marketing campaigns impact the funnel, including opportunity creation, renewal impact, close rate improvements, and shortening of sales cycle.
- Delivering the Message & Product Story
- Maintain a master document and framework for creating product assets that ensures consistent messaging
- Work with Product Management to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages and stories
- Collaborate with product on both the internal and external product roadmaps and how and when to communicate them
- Support content team with thought leadership content, customer success stories/use cases, PR & AR initiatives and events
Be the keeper of external-facing product assets and how/when/to whom to use them.
- Validating the Market
- Collaborate cross-functionally to regularly engage customers for feedback, advocacy, and testing and communicate learnings back to the broader business
- Develop framework for and lead cadence of customer advisory board meetings.
- Manage ongoing competitive analysis and competitive information including, tracking market moves, creating battle cards, and developing competitive positioning and messaging
- Provide insight around pricing and packaging considerations
- Regularly conduct win/loss analyses and report trends and other findings back to the business.
- Understand broader marketing and event technology trends that allow for future product initiatives and insight.
- 5-7 years experience in product marketing at a technology company
- Able to bring an established process and product marketing methodology to Splash
- Experience developing and executing go-to-market plans
- Ability to identify and create a range of marketing assets to generate product knowledge, interest, and adoption (and a portfolio to show)
- Ability to build relationships internally and collaborate with key stakeholders in product management, sales and customer success
- Experience meeting with customers, gathering their feedback, and using it to create business value
- Strong communication, presentation, writing, and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- Strategic yet able to execute.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Event marketing or event technology experience preferred
- SaaS product marketing experience preferred
Splash is an equal opportunity employer.
Splash is a technology company that powers advanced in-person marketing programs for the world’s leading brands. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance. From simplifying event asset creation to capturing attendee insights and [...]