MK0180: Product Manager
Who is Stanley Black & Decker?
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we’ll keep making it work.
The Product Manager will assist in evaluating and developing product line total sales and product positioning and will be responsible for managing the annual marketing budget and the profit and loss of the product line. This position requires strong project management skills and the ability to effectively work with others across the organization including: sourcing, brand marketing, IT, engineering and customer service. Ideal candidates should be self-motivated individuals with a strong work ethic that have experience with managing the complete life cycle of products, conducting market research, and a strong financial acumen.
- Manage the complete product life cycle process, alongside the Sr. Product Manager, from concept to delivery.
- Closely collaborate, work and lead cross-department teams and business groups, such as engineering, manufacturing and finance to drive and develop new products that meet company objectives together with the Sr. Product Manager.
- Work in tandem with the brand marketing and channel teams to develop product launch programs and sales promotion programs.
- Develop and implement relevant marketing collateral, point-of-purchase displays, advertising materials and web content to promote your managed product portfolio.
- Conduct end-user and competitive market research to determine pricing, margin and profitability targets.
- Work with the Product Management team to develop and execute comprehensive short and long term strategic plans for a profitable retail and industrial product portfolio.
- Maintain an awareness of trends in the industry and related industries and develop a deep understanding of the end users of their product line to incorporate these insights into successful new product launches.
- Provide product training to customers and consumers.
- BS or BA in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, or related field required.
- 3+ years’ experience of product management experience.
- Ability to work effectively across functions and lead teams – must be able to present data and conclusions in an organized manner.
- Demonstrated Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, research, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a “can-do” attitude – the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
· Consumer Products Experience
· Experience working directly with retailers or other large customers
· Experience working for a large global company
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.