The Product Manager is responsible for product planning, product requirements definition and product marketing. This role includes managing the product throughout the product life cycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with development, engineering and operations to deliver winning products – in addition to working closely with customers, sales, marketing, professional services and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
The Product Manager is responsible for the entire product life cycle, including: product road map, managing requirements, pricing, communication and works closely with product development with respect to engineering teams, product launch process, documentation and field-enablement. The Product Manager must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, as well as strong detail-orientation and the drive to make that vision a reality.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop the strategic plan for the product portfolio.
- Serves as the in-house subject expert on the portfolio and acquires extensive knowledge of the competitive and technology marketplace.
- Measured on results against sales plan, margin rate plan, new product performance, SKU management, and inventory parameters.
- Develops field communication strategies to inform customers about product and industry insights.
- Performs SKU rationalization and ensures effective pricing strategies.
- Provides sales training and product knowledge materials to sales team and partners (distributors, VARs and integrators).
- Prioritize features and corresponding justification, based on the Voice of the Customer.
- Methodically manage the product life cycle.
- Ensure that product supports the strategy and objectives as defined.
- Work with third parties to assess partnerships and support joint developments.
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
- Develop sales tools, product marketing and technical collateral.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to manage across functions at various levels.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to lead platform training to groups from 10-50 people.
- Expert in developing reporting tools to streamline day to day work.
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability: synthesize findings from analysis and draw conclusions.
- Skilled in problem resolution and providing best practices solutions.
- Effective at performing detail oriented tasks, and data analysis.
- Able to identify, manage, and lead business improvement projects.
- Self-motivated individual with the desire to succeed and motivate others.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrable skills of the following:
- Must be able to pass drug test and lifetime background check.
- Approximately 20%-30% travel.
- 5 to 7 years related work experience.
- Familiarity with manufacturing and inventory management.
- Understanding of CribMaster software and hardware offerings.
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Crystal Reports, IIS, Windows Security and Networking.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.