Who is Stanley Black & Decker?
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we’ll keep making it work.
We are seeking a strategic-minded, end-user focused, creative thinker to join Stanley Black & Decker’s Breakthrough Innovation team as a Product Manager. The Product Manager will be critical in identifying market opportunities and user needs, conducting research, managing projects, and solidifying the path forward to transition initiatives back into the business.
The Innovation Team operates as a nimble start-up within the SBD corporation. It is responsible for ideating ambitious breakthrough programs, bringing those ideas to reality with working prototypes, proving the programs technically and with our users, and then pitching them to the executive leaders of the business for funding. The project goals are audacious and the work is both challenging and rewarding.
- Lead innovation projects, including conducting market situational and internal assessments, competitive overviews, strategic goals, financial analysis, end-user research and action plans.
- Build a strong understanding of construction and automotive user needs, problems and industry trends to identify and articulate actionable insights that help inform strategy and the development of new initiative ideas.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the engineering, ID, insights and cross functional teams (i.e. business unit project owners, marketing, branding, channel, etc.) in developing and executing projects.
- Facilitate ideation sessions and be a key contributor for breakthrough ideas. Successful ideas require high level ‘big picture’ thinking so that we generate and pursue the right ideas to hit our ambitious metrics.
- Prepare financial analysis for portfolio evaluation and decision making.
- Perform competitive tracking analysis and market data collection/analysis.
- Present to executive level leadership, pitching programs for funding and transition to the development teams or business unit.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some domestic travel <10% may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Product Management, Business, Marketing or related field is required. MBA preferred.
- 7+ years project management experience required, with a focus on innovation and experience managing several complex projects simultaneously.
- Construction or automotive experience strongly preferred.
- Self-starter with a get-it done mentality who takes responsibility for achieving team and project requirements on very tight schedules.
- Collaborative team player, able to build strong working relationships with others. Seeks out and encourages the exchange of ideas.
- Passionate about identifying end-user needs and behaviors, always keeping the end-user front of mind.
- Able to synthesize complex and diverse information and see the big picture, while also paying attention to the details.
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) who can deliver information persuasively and clearly.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.