The Functional Lead is synonymous with a Product Lead and is on track for a career in Digital Product Management. The ideal candidate is a digital generalist who understands customers and is a consistent practitioner of end-user empathy. A Functional Lead is able to research and analyze business needs and identify areas where their designated digital tool can facilitate and ease business processes in conjunction with the vision and strategy of a Product Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and define stated and latent business needs and document business processes.
- Conduct Discovery sessions and gather requirements.
- Prioritize user requirements and functional requirements.
- Draft Feature Briefs, write and manage user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Function as the Product Owner of a feature development workstream working in coordination with engineering, design, and QA teams.
- Identify tasks and interrelationships to evaluate functional and cross-functional requirements.
- Research on existing systems and procedures and make changes and improvise wherever necessary.
- Recommend solutions to identified problems.
- Provide ongoing support to clients.
- Support delivery of projects on time and within budget.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must understand and practice Agile Methodology.
- Experience in product development, design, or marketing preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and deliver successful results is essential.
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams to meet strategic objectives a plus.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]