We are looking for an experienced Program Manager who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. This is a key role for a results-oriented person with the ability to communicate and negotiate effectively, encourage sound decision-making, and assist the teams he/she works with in successfully delivering on commitments. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing initiatives that involve implementing software and infrastructure solutions utilizing both private and public cloud technologies. The Program Manager will be responsible for providing strategic guidance to teams and project managers in ways that promote the company’s culture. The role requires mentoring of project managers, strong communication skills both oral and written and experience facilitating workshops for strategy and consensus. Building strong relationships with stakeholders is a must as well as the ability to manage conflict and quickly assess the impact of changes and risks to drive timely and creative solutions.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Build strong relationships to be leveraged as a trusted advisor by your stakeholders and internal customers
- Strategize and outline goals and objectives of the program/domain and necessary deliverables
- Provide information, support, direction, and problem-solving to the teams, as needed, in a manner that provides positive solutions, and if needed, adjusts current processes to improve the delivery, coordination, or quality of the product.
- Manage dependencies and risks within and between all domains as well as other areas of the organization.
- Provide visibility, escalation, recommendations, reporting and key metrics around key initiatives and products within the domain to stakeholders and leadership.
- Ensure all initiatives that you govern are go-to-market ready for internal and external customers by coordinating with readiness and assurance representatives to fulfill needs for training, activation, deployment, support, services, etc.
- Monitor and operate within limits of the program budget with attention to maximize annual ROI
- Set program controls/governance/standards
- Monitor and provide guidance for multiple projects through the entire program cycle
- Establish and provide visibility to program roadmaps, milestones and deliverables
- Coordinate and utilize resources for multiple projects in the program
- 5+ years’ experience in successfully leading and managing diverse programs and projects
- HCM, software development and agile methodology experience preferred
- Proficiency and experience with leading programs that are technologically complex
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation both written and verbal and listening skills
- Strong negotiations skills; can influence all levels of the organization and is skilled at leading others to action on key initiatives
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Working experience with project management tools and methodologies, including: JIRA, Smartsheet, Quip, Microsoft Project, etc
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- Project Management Certification preferred (PMP).
- Agile Certification preferred
- Proficient in the use of Smartsheet, Slack, Quip, JIRA and collaborative project management tools
- Experience with Kanban, Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Application deployment, infrastructure & information systems planning
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]