This part-time role is scheduled for 10-20 hours per week starting for February/March and will continue for 90 days at a time. There may be possible extensions.
Responsibilities & Requirements
The Cambia Procurement team responsibly serves our customers and delivers measurable results through the relentless pursuit of supply chain excellence. We are seeking an intern to join our dynamic team of professionals empowered to protect the integrity of Cambia.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
The Procurement Intern will be an integral member of the team performing the following duties:
- Support the procurement staff by assisting with contract management
- Preparing contract documentation
- Keying contract information into the various systems used by the Procurement group
- Developing and maintaining spreadsheets
- General administrative work
- Completion of other projects as needed
Combine your academic experience with the following skills and abilities:
- Minimum 2+ years university education completed and currently working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Contract Management, Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or a related field
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and respond quickly to deadlines
- Highly Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Excellent attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Minimum of 3.0 cumulative undergraduate grade point average
- Ability to work approximate 10 hours per week from February/March for 3 months.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]