Job TitleProcurement Engineer - Mother & Child Care Product
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join the highly successful Procurement Engineering team, while advancing your career in a dynamic, fast paced and multinational environment of Philips Hong Kong.
You are responsible for
- Ensures that optimized TCO (cost, quality, availability) are assured in product and business creation and through their full life cycle, utilizing DFX.
- Drives the sourcing plan, leading supplier selection and ensuring adherence to the Business Procurement strategy.
- Drives early supplier involvement and identifies cost drivers to influence design decision making and achieve target costing.
- Collaborate with Supplier Quality in the new supplier/component release process, including compliance and sustainability aspects.
- Support price negotiations with opportunities to drive short and long term cost reduction improvement projects.
- A procurement professional providing AOP savings through cost down projects and new product introduction projects.
- Considered to be a key partner in significant product cost reduction activities, in early phase innovation or in the manufacturing phase.
- Contributes to developing the cost engineering function.
You are a part of
Key talent professional in international and dedicated team. You will be based in Hong Kong and report directly to the Procurement Engineering Business Partner. . You will work closely with colleagues in marketing, innovation and commodity management.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- 5 to 10 years related working experience with proven track in Value Engineering, from electronic consumer appliances and home appliance industry is definitely advantage.
- Expert in initiating and driving cost down projects and contributing to new product introduction projects
- Good team player who is both proactive and cooperative
- Experience in international and multidisciplinary project teams is preferred
- Excellent communications skills and good in English & Mandarin
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is one of the best in-class organization, which offers you big exposure and long-term career development such as internal transfer and international mobility opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.