Job TitleProcurement Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- A procurement professional providing AOP savings through cost down projects and new product introduction projects
- Considered to be a key partner in significant product cost reduction activities, in early phase innovation or in the manufacturing phase.
- Contributes to developing the cost engineering function
You are responsible for
- Drives value/cost engineering activities within DFX conventions and Value Engineering workshops.
- Drives early supplier involvement in development projects.
- Drives supply chain risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
- Drives supplier selection process in conjunction with commodity management partners.
- Responsible to develop, communicate, and manage detailed procurement activity schedules that support higher level program schedules, ensuring communication within purchasing and cross functional stake holders.
- Partners with R&D, representing Procurement in New Product Introduction projects
- Partners with Supplier Quality and Executes factory related supplier improvement actions
- Contributes to the execution of the productivity funnel – collaborating with Supply Chain Engineering, R&D and Supplier Quality to execute cost downs.
- Contributes to the ongoing generation of a supply chain risk funnel – prioritizing risk mitigation actions and ensuring continuity of incoming material supply
- Execute and support Phase In – Phase Out (PIPO) planning related to new product introductions and concept savings projects
- Participate in Supplier assessments & site visits
- Aligns Ultrasound procurement needs with competitive landscape and technology roadmaps.
- Support commodity management teams with specific product knowledge and opportunities to drive negotiation savings to drive short term and long term product cost reductions.
- Provides input for the Make or Buy analysis (in-sourcing / out-sourcing of parts and production)
- Manages Product Costs within assigned commodity. Develops / maintains Should Cost Modeling to achieve challenging cost reduction goals.
You are a part of
- Philips Ultrasound Shanghai Planning team and report to Senior Manufacturing Manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
· 5+ years’ experience in hardware design and/or matrixed manufacturing with a focus on supply chain and/or procurement related function.
· Analytical and strategic thinking
· Results oriented
· Ability to lead teams and influence cross-functional relationships,
· Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills, across functions and organizational layers
· Demonstrated ability to organize and structure cross functional teams.
In return, we offer you
Describe in two to three lines what tangible and intangible benefits the incumbent will gain in this role. Use our Employer Value Proposition (EVP) themes and information gathered in the RSM as input sources.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.