Process Improvement I, II or Senior
As the Process Improvement Consultant Senior, you will partner with executive leadership to establish the strategy planning process, generate presentations and communications around the overall health plan strategy and reporting, and consult internally on projects to help drive initiatives throughout the organization. You will also consult internally on various projects to guide change initiatives' impacts, from outsourcing to automation project efforts.
You will be responsible for assessing, designing and implementing cross-functional process improvement initiatives throughout Cambia and provide direct consultation to management and own deliverables to the various operations competitiveness and cost reduction initiatives. The senior level role may manage a portfolio of projects and work directly with senior leadership to influence project outcomes. Responsible for delivering on competitive goals and objectives.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Oversees and develops project managers who are responsible for the successful implementation of process and automation improvement projects.
- Accountable for the performance and results of cross functional process improvement projects.
- Manages operational duties to fix and improve operational deficiencies.
- Aggressively works through policy and procedures to achieve results on-time and within budget.
- Researches best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data.
Additional General Functions & Outcomes for Process Improvement Consultant II
- Recommends core process changes to be embedded where appropriate and contribute to incident solutions inclusive of effecting recommended training, performance coaching and other action talents essential to sustaining improved process outcomes.
- Explains complex processes and status updates in a manner that ensures understanding at all the leadership levels within the organization
- Performs responsibilities above with an increased degree of independence and self-direction. Take initiative to pursue larger-scope projects.
Additional General Functions & Outcomes for Process Improvement Consultant Senior
- Creates influential metrics, dashboards, and presentations that use information to influence senior leadership on business trends and strategies.
- Develops and implements new processes that improve core operation, employer experience, consumer experience and project delivery.
- Consults directly at the executive level across the organization and executes process improvement initiatives on their behalf.
- Advises leadership and business executives about the process improvement portfolio status and resource planning for delivering strategic business initiatives.
- Acts subject matter expert on cross-functional teams brought together to work toward the development and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Serves as mentor for junior members of the team. Provides leadership and creativity in the planning and implementation of process improvement initiatives.
Competencies and Knowledge:
- Ability to analyze and measure the effectiveness of existing business processes and develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable improvements.
- Proven ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams to ensure project objectives are obtained.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large scale processes and automation improvement projects.
- Proven ability to evaluate and implement tools in the market to improve process and automation.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results with short deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Ability to think analytically, apply analytical techniques and to provide in-depth analysis and recommendations to management using critical thinking and sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of leadership.
- Strong facilitation skills, including the ability to resolve issues and build consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders.
Process Improvement Consultant I would have a/an Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and four years of experience in leading, developing and managing process improvement initiatives, process analysis, or a similar position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Minimum Requirements for Process Improvement Consultant II
- Demonstrated experience in defining core people, process and technology strategy.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing programs with complex projects.
- Proven leadership experience in effectively coaching management resources to lead project teams and end users.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, ability to analyze complex situations, learn quickly and synthesize corresponding solutions, options and action plans.
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret financial measures associated with process improvement, cost modeling and forecasting.
- Process Improvement Consultant II would have a/an Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and six years of experience in leading, developing and managing process improvement initiatives, process analysis, or a similar position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Minimum Requirements for Process Improvement Consultant Senior
- Proven leadership experience in effectively coaching senior leadership to implement project objectives.
- Exceptional communications across a broad spectrum, and to executive audiences.
- Proven ability to provide analysis and data interpretation in support of strategy development, program implementation and evaluation.
- Process Improvement Consultant Senior would have a/an Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and ten years of experience in leading, developing and managing process improvement initiatives, process analysis, portfolio management or a similar position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]