Primary Purpose: Employed for their expertise in maintaining proper functioning of printing software and equipment. Is responsible for the overall systems used for printing of the print jobs. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A high degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The ideal candidate should possess strong PC competency and experience working various desktop software. The position also requires strong oral and written communication skills. The selected candidate will be part of a fast-paced and dynamic Operations team responsible for ensuring the successful completion of all file transfer jobs being submitted, accomplished through report review and validation. Duties will include adjustments to process variables, startup and shutdown of software/equipment, preparing software/equipment for maintenance work and monitoring software/equipment performance.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Conducting scheduled checks and maintenance of all printing software/equipment of a facility.
- Detecting malfunctions, software/hardware failures etc. and restoring system back to working order.
- Attending training activities on new software and equipment and implementing the same in the organization.
- Appropriately handling laser printers and other repair on equipment.
- Ensuring that the maintenance and service activities do not hamper the daily working of the commercial facility.
- Ability to effectively manage time and complete all delegated work within the specified time.
- Sound understanding of all hardware and software related issues of printers or print systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, give recommendations for repairs and make all critical machine and software adjustments.
- Make critical adjustments as required to various parts, components and systems.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other sites.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required by fluctuating workloads, available for after-hours calls as needed.
- Complete all necessary documentation and follow up as required in a timely, orderly manner.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to read and comprehend specifications, service and parts literature, technical bulletins and other related publications.
- Must be able to communicate thoughts and ideas in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to use computers and have command of appropriate software.
- Ability to learn to effectively operate any company software – with training.
- Identifies and inspects material returned.
- Determines necessary repair operations and price of repair.
- Initiates purchase orders for new jobs if vendors are involved.
- Maintains necessary records and small inventory of seal parts used for repair orders.
- Assists newer repair personnel as necessary.
- Be able to lift/carry large and heavy packages
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to multitask.
- Positive team participation skills.
- High School Diploma.
- Prior experience working in a Print Shop is a plus
- Additional duties and responsibilities may vary based upon individual branch requirements.
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- File Transfer Protocols
- MS SQL
- Windows Desktop/Server OS
- Shipping process
- Fulfillment equipment
- Large and small Printers
- Customer Support
- Purchasing and Budgeting
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.