Principle Data Scientist
The Principle Data Scientist is a key position in our Mobile Advanced Technology group. The successful candidate will use his or her expertise in applied machine learning and artificial intelligence to drive the future of technology in AI and machine learning in our games.
- Design, and help implement a next generation big data system using state of the art technologies and processes.
- Define the core taxonomy for all metrics gather and calculated for entire organization. All metrics should be actionable and well defined.
- Design visualizations for metrics that help business owners at all levels manage making smart data based decisions.
- Design and help implement machine learning algorithms for systems including marketing, player retention, player monetization, and player personalization (and more!).
- Design and help implement tools that help other data scientists in the org build and run new ML models.
- Work closely with other data scientist on other games teams to connect on common goals and to help define what good looks like across the org.
- Constantly willing to experiment and learn new methodologies and technologies.
- Manage a small team of data scientists and data analysts.
- PhD. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, or related quantitative field preferred
- 7+ years of experience in applied machine learning/deep learning
- 3+ years of experience in managing teams of data scientists
- Demonstrated experience applying Data Science methodologies to real world problems
- Experience in scaling up smaller projects and sharing work collaboratively across a wider team
- Expert status in analyzing extremely large, complex, multi-dimensional data sets with a variety of tools
- Expert in SQL
- Experience querying large databases
- Ability to communicate insights to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with any of the following is a big plus:
- Google BigQuery, Apache Beam
- Tableau, Looker
- TensorFlow, Pandas, SKLearn
- Eager to use data for insights and has a demonstrated passion for applying data science to make business critical decisions and recommendations
- Hypothesis driven – uses data to test ideas rigorously and objectively
- Able to create compelling communication for executives
- Willingness to mentor more junior data scientists
- Desire to stay on the cutting edge, going out of their way to find and learn the "latest and greatest"
- Flexible and adaptable while maintaining positive attitude
- Self starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively within the group and across business units/functions
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.