We are looking for a Principal Data Warehouse Engineer to join the Vistaprint Data Team. We are focused on enabling business partners to make data-driven decisions that deliver value to our customers. This includes enabling analytical insights into our business, driving intelligent product recommendations, and helping to optimize our website experience and functionality. Solving these challenges involves working with technologies on the leading edge of data movement, processing, and warehousing.
- Support the multi-terabyte Vistaprint data warehouse used across several functions and geographies
- Develop procedures to extract-transform-load data from various sources
- Troubleshoot data issues
- Work directly with Marketing, Analytics, Finance, Customer Support stakeholders
- Data warehouse knowledge using the Kimball approach
- Some experience with reporting/analytic/OLAP tools (e.g. SSAS, Tableau)
- Expert knowledge in Transact-SQL
- Comfortable developing primarily in a Microsoft BI stack (PowerShell, VS, C#)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to research data issues and resolve in a timely manner
- Familiarity with Azure, APS, MDX, Hadoop, Spark, Hive is helpful
- Work with data movement tools (e.g. SSIS), scheduling/jobs
- Data replication concepts
- Comfortable working in an Agile / Scrum environment, and interacting with internal clients
- Some experience with code management tools (e.g. Git, Subversion)
- Familiarity with semi and unstructured data platforms (e.g. Snowflake, Looker)
What's in it for you:
- Great compensation package + comprehensive benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Continuous development opportunities such as onsite training, meetups, conferences, and online training subscription
- Free food, drinks, fresh fruit
- And more!
If the above sounds interesting to you, don’t hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, we strive to do more than the law requires.
Nearest Major Market: Waltham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Data Warehouse, Database, Medical, Warehouse, Engineer, Technology, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Engineering
Vistaprint empowers millions of business owners worldwide to market themselves professionally. We're a place for people who don’t settle, who challenge the status quo and never stop asking how to do things better. Technology and design are always evolving and we’re continually finding ways to [...]