The United States Olympic Committee is seeking a Preditor to help produce video content for all USOC Digital Media properties. The Preditor will be responsible for all aspects of managing multiple video properties, from content planning, concept ideation, script writing, asset coordination, production logistics, shooting, to editing.
The person in this role will help build Team USA’s digital brand through creative video production by working alongside the digital team and various internal and external stakeholders. We are looking for someone who can tell stories through the creative use of video, images, and graphics. Must have an excellent creative eye and an awareness of contemporary media styles and trends.
Desired qualifications: You are agile, creative, and flexible. Get ready for a fast-paced environment, passionate teammates, and unparalleled producing and editing opportunities with years of Olympic archives on hand and unique access to the world’s best athletes.
Complete application includes resume, cover letter, links to work, as well as a list of past projects with candidate’s responsibilities on each project. Only complete applications will be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write, produce, shoot, and edit compelling video content for Team USA’s digital platforms. We are looking for a self-starter who will come to work each day with content ideas.
- Manage multiple creative assignments in a hands-on fashion at all stages of development, from project start through post-production.
- Manage workflow and project deadlines.
- Utilize extensive, historic Olympic archives and video library to tell the stories of Team USA’s greatest legends.
- Utilize demonstrable technical, editorial and creative storytelling expertise in editing, producing, design, and visual effects.
- Monitor and report to internal teams on trends within the video landscape.
- Create the best video content possible in the time and budget given.
- Manage and deliver multiple projects on aggressive timelines.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Bachelor's degree or demonstrable and relevant professional work experience
Minimum 2 years video production experience
- Proficiency in non-linear editing systems with preferred experience in Adobe Premier
- Proficiency shooting on DSLR
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and take creative direction
- Must possess ability to work under time constraints and deadlines
- Must have strong work ethic, and positive attitude, with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be organized and manage time effectively and efficiently in fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in After Effects is a plus
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions:
- May require travel
- May require some weekend and night work
Work location: Colorado Springs Downtown Headquarters
Hiring Range: $22.56 - $28.63
Temporary position: April 2017 till March of 2018
As the steward of the Olympic and Paralympic Movements in the United States, the U.S. Olympic Committee is dedicated to supporting U.S. athletes achieve sustained competitive excellence. To fulfill this mission, the USOC recognizes the need to increase diversity and ensure the inclusion of all U.S. citizens.
United States Olympic Committee: Founded in 1894 and headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo., the United States Olympic Committee serves as both the National Olympic Committee and National Paralympic Committee for the United States. As such, the USOC is responsible for the training, entering and [...]