Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post is seeking a publicist to help the Communications team maximize the visibility of Post journalism and journalists in national and international media. The publicist will be responsible for planning, executing and managing all aspects of assigned newsroom publicity. The publicist position reports to the Director of Communications.
- Support and grow awareness for newsroom reporting and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain close and communicative relationships with broadcast producers and industry/beat reporters.
- Think creatively about promotional opportunities to encompass digital, broadcast and social media platforms.
- Identify and develop strategic publicity plans.
- Provide timely coverage reports to appropriate editors and reporters.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Excellent news judgment, communication and interpersonal skills, including writing, proofreading and speaking.
- Ability to establish rapport and develop credibility from colleagues and external business partners.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Careful attention to detail with good follow-through.
- Strategic, collaborative and creative thinker who can adapt and prioritize moment to moment.
- Dynamic self-starter with strong decision-making skills.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, Cision or related journalist database.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- At least three (3) years of related work experience, interest in business/technology news is a plus.
The Washington Post was named the #8 Most Innovative Company of 2018 in the world by Fast Company – an award reflective of our dedication to transformation, integrity and quality. In addition, we maintained our title of #1 Most Innovative Media Company of 2018 by Fast Company. We are combining our [...]