Ultimate Software is seeking an experienced professional writer and editor to join our team as a PR and Marketing Writer, handling multiple editing projects as well as creating a variety of written content for different audiences. This is an exciting opportunity to work for Fortune’s #1 Best Workplace in Technology in a challenging, fast-paced environment. The PR and Marketing Writer will help tell Ultimate’s story and communicate our award-winning culture, products, and services. This individual should be a strong writer and editor with 7+ years’ experience in business/marketing writing. Foreign-language skills, as well as an understanding of Ultimate Software and/or the HCM (human capital management) technology industry, are a plus.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, flexible, and upbeat individual with experience in business writing who thrives in a collaborative, high-volume workflow environment.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Draft and edit a variety of marketing materials (such as press releases, bylined articles, blog posts, and case studies) to ensure accuracy, consistency of style, and readability across the department and company
- Review and edit copy to ensure brand and voice are accurately and consistently represented
- Develop impactful, concise, and easy-to-read copy for Ultimate’s website, with consideration to search engine optimization (SEO)
- Assist with other marketing and public relations projects, as needed
- 7+ years demonstrated experience in writing, with a proven track record of success
- Outstanding writer who can communicate ideas creatively and concisely
- Understanding of AP Style and/or The Chicago Manual of Style
- Bachelor’s degree
- Degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, Corporate Communications, or related field
- Prior communications experience in the HR/Payroll, HCM, or enterprise technology and services industries
- Ability to simplify complex and technical concepts
- B2B public relations or marketing experience
- Ability to write, read, review, make edits, and return the document to the requester usually via email. Usually the documents are on a computer in MS Word, emails, PowerPoint, etc.
Travel Requirements: Limited Travel Upon Request
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and other appropriate statues.