Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The 180,000 square foot UGN Valparaiso, Indiana facility opened in 1997 and has 330 team members currently. UGN has a strong, corporate wide focus on giving back to the community, and as such the team members at the Valparaiso, Indiana, facility are proud supporters of Housing Opportunities, a HUD-approved and state-certified housing non-profit agency serving Northwest Indiana. The Valparaiso facility has seen ongoing stability through the years with additional capital investments in the plants infrastructure and 14 new product launches taking place in 2019. There is also huge focus around continuous improvement activities and Team Member engagement initiatives. We have won numerous awards over the years, including the Toyota Certificate of Achievement—Quality Performance, the Subaru Quality Achievement Award, Nissan Zero Defect Award, and the Honda Quality Performance Award.
The Plant Manager coordinates and directs all plant production and supports operations to ensure timely delivery of quality products at optimum costs to meet corporate as well as customer goals and requirements. This position will lead our team at our Valparaiso, IN plant.
• Ensure coordination and cooperation among all departments to meet goals and objectives in accordance with company policies.
• Analyze profit and loss statement variances and plan and implement corrective action when required.
• Provide inputs for establishment as well as direction to insure compliance for the annual budget.
• Approve all purchases of equipment, spare parts, materials, and machines.
• Provide work direction and development of all Department Managers.
• Provide leadership and direction for the plant's activities to obtain World Class Manufacturing status.
• Recommend, develop, administer, and support company policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all corporate, safety, and regulatory compliance standards.
• Provide leadership for problem solving in the resolution of product, quality, operational, mechanical, and personnel problems including the analysis to prevent recurrence.
• Maintain an effective communication program to keep plant personnel informed and enhance the plant's union-free status.
• Review and approve all personnel reviews, salary changes, and new hires as well as all personnel and organizational moves.
• Coordinate production, distribution, warehousing, and sales in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by UGN.
• Confer with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in area.
• Develop plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
• Review production costs and product quality, and modify production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
• Review operations of competing organizations and plan and direct sales program to develop new markets.
• Direct preparation of accounting records.
• Recommend budgets to management.
• Directly supervise department managers in the Plant Facility who supervise Team Members in their respective departments.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this business unit.
• Bachelor degree from an accredited four-year college or university; and ten plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous Plant Management experience within the automotive industry preferred.
• Extensive project management experience.
• Strong communication and leadership skills required.
• Lean manufacturing experience and knowledge of Toyota Production Systems preferred.