, a super cool event marketing startup from New York City.We’re on a number of exciting adventures including building our Engineering Teams in NYC and Madrid.
Join our growing engineering team as we extend Splash into grand new markets. Our modular software and scalable cloud infrastructure allows us to be stable and flexible as we provide SaaS features to our free and paid clients. We deal in workflow, efficiency optimization, and bulk data manipulation. We are building out an API-driven service oriented architecture using PHP, Go, Python and more.
- You have 3 or more years of experience with back-end development.
- You have experience with PHP.
- You have worked with large codebases; some monolithic; some distributed - all of which have been in production and in-use by real clients and customers.
- You're up to date with what's going on in the Back-end world and are eager to grow your engineering skills.
- You're fluent in written and spoken English. You'll need this to succeed at Splash.
- You're an awesome communicator, enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking. You also command a great sense of humor.
- Bonus: you're open to learn and play in the full stack and with languages/frameworks , as it would increase your autonomy.
The role 🌿
The office is at the very heart of Madrid, in Sol. We foster an environment of good vibes, support, encouragement, focus, collaboration and fun.
Our Back-end infrastructure is built with PHP using the Symfony Framework. As a good product-oriented company, we have 2 monoliths, an old one that feels a bit like the wild, wild west, and a more modern one that is highly structured leveraging fascinating patterns and conventions. Our vision for the future is continuously evolving, with plans to introduce microservices into our infrastructure this year. Our roles not only involve understanding and contributing quality code to our existing architecture, but also being an key part of the initiatives that will lead us forward.
Our team is global. You'll work (virtually) alongside engineers in New York and Lagos, in addition to the team in Madrid. You’ll be responsible for assessing the complexity, design solutions for new features, implement, and iterate on your product. You'll have the opportunity to become the leader of your projects and other critical initiatives that are important to you and Splash.
The development and product teams are at Splash's core and contribute directly to the success of our team and company. We're proud to belong to a company where we continuously challenge each other to level up our skills and techniques - and we expect all our engineers to be inspired and evolve our conventions and tools.
Salary and "Fuck Yeah" extras 🕶
Intermediate/senior dev: €37-47k salary range, depending on years of previous useful experience.
- You’ll have the option to work from home when you need to, if possible.
- We'll go to the other side of the ocean, to New York, so that you can meet the team and learn about startups in the USA.
- We'll support your participation in meetups and dev conferences.
- Spontaneous and planned events & off-sites with your team and company.
Next steps 🐾
If you want to know more or you'd like to join this great project and meet our brilliant, ambitious and hilarious team, send us your CV and cover letter. Tell us about you, your goals and your personality; we want to work with real people. Like our CEO says, keep it casual!
Your time at Splash will be some of the the most exciting, challenging and rewarding work you may ever do.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We can’t wait to meet you.