Job TitlePhilips Capital Manager Southern Europe & Africa
Philips Capital Manager Southern Europe & Africa
Philips Capital is within Philips that is the single provider of customer financing across all Businesses and Markets globally. These financing solutions may range from a standard lease or rental to financial structuring of a complex project financing, including Public Private Partnerships.
We are working in a very dynamic environment. Traditional leasing is less dominant as customers are looking for different value propositions, typically including a broader scope of deliverables and a long-term engagement. Financing still being a very important part of such offering but considering the integrated value propositions brining another level of complexity. To respond to these new market requirements we are looking for someone to support Philips Capital Southern Europe & Africa with focus on Benelux but also contributing to efforts in other geographies, e.g. Africa. The function is based at our Philips offices in Amdsterdam and has a reporting line to Head of Philips Capital Southern Europe & Africa. We are looking for someone attracted by innovation and with strong ability to challenge status quo.
Regular (international) travel is part of the role.
The key stakeholders the new Philips Capital colleague will be interacting with are - next to our customers - the commercial and solution team, corporate support functions such as legal, accounting, controlling and the Global Philips Capital team.
Key area of responsibility
- Identify, develop and implement customer financing products, programs and solutions in close co-operation with commercial and Philips Capital Southern Europe & Africa team
- Lead large scale projects in Benelux
- Present and negotiate financing solutions and agreements for large-scale projects with the customer on C-level
- Develop methodologies and tools to manage embedded financing elements in business models
- Drive growth by incremental deal creation acting pro-actively and being a business partner to the commercial organization
- Drive strategic and selective new financing solutions / programs for a minimal use of the Philips balance sheet while at same time meeting market and customer requirements in a dynamic business environment
- Drive out-of-the-box thought processes with markets, product division and financing partners to create and develop solutions for the future
- Lead partnership with our preferred financing partners and engage with other financing institutes as required
- Engage with internal stakeholders required to drive (new) financing and service-based solutions, such as legal, accounting, fiscal department
- Reporting activities related to financing business
- Master degree in Finance / Accounting or a related field
- At least 5 years professional experience in customer financing with good understanding of all related aspects such as credit, legal, accounting (IFRS and HGB); preferably in an industry or vendor finance environment
- Strong analytical skills with solid financing process understanding, and related accounting / operational requirements.
- Significant experience in financial and legal due diligence (related to financing aspects) including equity type of transactions
- Experience in arranging and structuring financing for large-scale projects in international/cross-border context
- Experience in dealing with International Financing Institutions, Export Credit Agencies etc
- Good understanding of financial modelling (including NPV / IRR analysis for investments) and basic statistical analysis experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Solution oriented mind-set, pro-active, entrepreneurial approach, team player
- Strong stakeholder engagement on senior level
- Experience in healthcare sector is a benefit
- Languages: English, Dutch and preferably French
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.