Tala is looking for a creative, data-driven, customer-focused Senior Marketing Associate to join our fast-growing Philippine office. This role will report to the Growth Manager and will be responsible for driving marketing initiatives to engage and deliver value to Tala’s customer base in the Philippines. Successful candidates will have a deep background in social media, community, and content marketing. If you’re passionate about bringing innovative products to customers, thrive between analytical and creative projects, and embrace a fast-paced and dynamic environment, we’re excited to meet you!
- Develop and drive data-informed marketing solutions to improve customer engagement and retention outside of the core product experience
- Define strategy and manage local content marketing and community initiatives in close collaboration with the Global Community Manager and the Global Social Media Lead
- Create content for Tala’s owned channels and design exciting, innovative campaigns for Filipino customers
- Ensure regular cadence of relevant content and improve engagement and reach of Tala’s local owned channels
- Work cross-functionally with Research, Product, and Customer Experience to uncover valuable customer insights that will inform marketing strategies
- Build strong relationships with the US team and external agencies to generate scalable test & learn ideas
- Handle partner and vendor relationships, contracts, and service providers
- Stay informed on market landscape and technology trends and make recommendations on marketing strategies
- 3+ years experience in content marketing, social media, and community management
- 3+ years experience working with consumer-facing brands
- Ability to plan and lead marketing initiatives, from research and strategy, to execution and data analysis
- Proven bias towards building consumer-centric products and solutions
- Has a growth mindset - persistent, adaptable, self-starter
- Out-of-the-box thinker - comes up with new ideas and brings fresh perspectives
- Confident and empathetic communicator with excellent writing and editing skills in English and Tagalog
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Understands local culture and trends
- Collaborative and fun! You will be joining and working with teams of passionate, creative, intelligent people who believe in the Tala mission.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Business, or a similar field
- Experience working in a dynamic and fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working in education or behavior change communications
- Experience working with global teams
- Familiarity with consumer finance products and services
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, Tala's proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history. Tala is headquartered in Los Angeles with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Mexico City, and Bangalore.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.4 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has [...]