This role is focused on ensuring the Head of Collections handling a specific regional customer base performs at its absolute best. The Head of Collections is responsible for training collection agents, managing good relationships with external parties, coaching, setting expectations, measuring performance, participating in strategy development and upholding all of Tala’s expectations in regard to collections. Collections is an essential part of our business at Tala, and it constitutes a valuable perspective from our customers. A successful candidate will be self motivated, excited to dive in and learn on their feet quickly to achieve high expectations, and passionate about providing a healthy and positive working environment for the collections team.
- Experience managing process and proven ability to roll-up his/her sleeves to ensure a great collections experience.
- Create and implement policies and procedures around collections in conjunction with other CX leadership.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Functional analytical capabilities to understand gaps and identify opportunities for improvement
- A customer champion who can deliver on the KPIs and SLAs
- Agent level KPIs
- Daily/weekly/monthly collections monitoring
- Cure and Recovery rate management
- Quality evaluation and report creation
- Identification of customer issues in country
- Maintain proper documentation and data tracking
- Department KPIs
- Third party vetting, performance evaluation and relationship management
- Customer management SLAs
- Customer satisfaction score
- Act as a mentor and coach for team members and who can make it a fun working environment
- Reporting to business stakeholders on a weekly and monthly basis on KPIs
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in Collections with at least 5 years of management/ supervisory experience
- Proven success with training/coaching, QA, business process improvement, and workforce planning experience
- Excel, SQL, other business analytics tools experience
- Ability to manage a call centre and Telephony system for an in-house customer experience center
- Knowledge of the financial services industry (KYC, financial compliance, etc.)
- Project management skills, ideally Six Sigma training
- Experience working with an international team
- Comfortable with ambiguity
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Mexico City, and Bangalore.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.4 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has [...]