Pharmacy Services Technician
Pharmacy Services Technician
Primary Location: Seattle, WA
Additional Locations: Portland OR and Boise, ID
The Pharmacy Services Technician is a corporate-wide technical support resource for pharmacy benefit, reimbursement, quality programs and other drug use issues which do not require clinical judgment. This function assists the Clinical Pharmacy Consultants and Pharmacy Services staff with processes which require knowledge and experience with pharmaceuticals.
This position will support the Pharmacy Clinical Programs team, which aims to improve quality of care as measured by performance metrics established by Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS), Pharmacy Quality Alliance (PQA) and the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS), in addition to integrated care management solutions with the healthcare services team. A critical component of the role includes executing outreach efforts to members, pharmacies, and prescribers through a variety of mediums (phone, fax, lettering, SMS messaging), and supporting the implementation and maintenance of clinical programs through functions including but not limited to, facilitating meetings, coordinating communication and data transfer, analytic support, ownership of policies and procedures, and quality improvement of existing programs,
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- High school graduate, college graduate preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a pharmacy technician in a retail, hospital, or other licensed pharmacy setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field. Pharm Tech Certification may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- Experience with health insurance and/or prescription benefits is preferred.
- Basic analytical skills are required. Functions include but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing effective documentation procedures
- Preparing and/or evaluating reports related to clinical programs
- Creating/modifying reports to meet various business needs
- Researching and evaluating data to identify discrepancies and patterns
- Knowledge of Medical terminology and HIPAA regulations.
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical products, including orals, injectables, infusion products, and chemotherapy.
- Knowledge of Health care coding systems such as ICD•9, CPT, and HCPCS.
- Knowledge of General office practices and procedures as well as grammar and techniques of business practice.
- Knowledge of health plan quality metrics is desired.
- Must be an excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to interact effectively with a variety of health care professionals, including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and billing staff both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate maturity, tact, diplomacy, and persuasiveness.
- Must have the ability to type 30 wpm, 60 wpm preferred. Must also be comfortable operating standard Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Knowledge of how to operate a variety of standard business machines including calculators, copiers, and faxes.
- Must have the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize daily workflow and multiple projects within time constraints.
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members more than 100 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you’re seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers’ engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]