People Partner – 6-month contract
EA is looking for a highly motivated and results-driven HR professional to join its People Practices team based in Burnaby, BC. This role will report into regional People Practices leader.
The Challenge Ahead:
Our People Partners are passionate about delivering simple and awesome people experiences while delivering programs and support in meaningful and efficient ways. In this role you will be connecting with employees, enabling people managers, supporting team effectiveness and engagement initiatives, planning and delivering people programs and being a cultural steward for EA.
What the People Partner does at EA:
- Acts as a trusted advisor by employees and front-line managers; provides candid, unbiased coaching and counsel to improve individual and team capabilities and enhance manager effectiveness to meet current and future business needs;
- Builds effective relationships and collaborates with internal partners, including business leaders, HR business partners and COE partners, to deliver high impact and effective people practices across the region;
- Supports managers on the use of talent insights including workforce analysis, headcount planning and related HR metrics;
- Provides guidance on talent programs and practices, performance management, talent planning and compensation planning across client groups and regions;
- Enables change initiatives as a member of a project team, including supporting key messaging with the business and ensuring change acceptance; I’d simplify this to “Supports and champions change initiatives with teams”
- Works with COE and the business partners to develop and implement creative approaches to employee recognition and rewards that attracts and retains talent of a diverse workforce and reflects EA’s philosophy and growth plans.
- Ensures the successful delivery of performance and compensation life-cycle across all assigned client groups within region;
- Works with managers, employees and COEs to develop overall capability to foster a healthy, cohesive, collaborative, fun, fair and equitable workplace;
Our People Partners also need to have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field combined with minimum of five years of progressive success as an HR partner;
- Proven experience managing and implementing HR programs and/or initiatives across the business/regions;
- Analytical mindset with proven experience using data and data-driven insights to support the business;
- Subject matter expertise, with demonstrated experience in coaching and development, change management, and overall talent management;
- Comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, able to methodically work through complex issues, set priorities and execute on commitments;
- Solid project management and delivery experience; facilitating talent programs across the business;
- Good understanding of local employment law combined with the ability to gain a high-level understanding of regional employment customs and practices;
- Has a passion for creating healthy organizations, driving transformation and helping culture be a competitive advantage;
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.