The role of Payroll Tax Analyst II is responsible for providing operational support to research and resolve payroll tax issues for both internal and external customer.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Provides the research, analysis and necessary reconciliation to respond to and resolve agency related payroll tax notices and amendments within customer service level agreements
- Interacts with tax agencies, customers and other areas internal to Ultimate Software
- Quickly reprioritize work in order to minimize liability exposure for both the customer and for Ultimate Software
- Provide assistance to Named Tax Representatives (NTRs) as required
- During quarter-end and year-end, this position may be temporarily redeployed to provide operational support to other parts of the business
- Special projects and additional duties will be assigned on a regular basis
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Demonstrated experience performing payroll tax reconciliations and analysis
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- General accounting experience
- Ability to negotiate positive resolutions with customers and payroll tax agencies
- Proficient working with multiple systems and tools to perform job functions
- Ability to solve complex multi-state payroll tax issues
- Experience working with payroll tax filing systems
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- AA degree or comparable education and experience
- CPP accreditation is a plus
- Working knowledge of payroll tax quarterly annual reconciliations.
- Excellent analytical and follow up skills
- Proficient in the user of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Above average communication skills; both verbal and written
- Excellent follow-up skills are required in order to be successful
- Demonstrated ability to organize work
- Attention to detail is a must
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]