- Ultimate Software is seeking a Payroll Tax Analyst I. I ideal candidate will be customer focused, highly energetic, and experienced individuals to join our team. We strive to deliver exceptional quality service and effective communications with our customers.
- The Payroll Tax Analyst I is responsible for providing operational support to the payroll research team and resolve payroll tax amendments for both internal and external customers.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Amend and correct previously filed payroll tax returns on behalf of customers based on adjustments that have been completed.
- Provides the research, analysis and necessary reconciliation to respond to and resolve agency related payroll tax amendments within customer service level agreements
- Interacts with tax agencies, customers and other areas internal to Ultimate Software
- Expected to quickly reprioritize work in order to minimize liability exposure for both the customer and for Ultimate Software
- Provide assistance to Named Tax Representatives (NTRs) as required
- Special projects and additional duties will be assigned on a regular basis
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Demonstrated experience performing payroll tax reconciliations and analysis
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- General accounting experience
- Ability to negotiate positive resolutions with customers and payroll tax agencies
- Proficient working with multiple systems and tools to perform job functions
- Ability to work independently and within a team-based environment
- Previous Customer Service experience.
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- AA degree or comparable education and experience preferred
- Ability to solve complex multi-state payroll tax issues
- Experience working with payroll tax filing systems
- CPP accreditation is a plus
- Effective communication skills; both verbal and written
- Excellent follow-up skills with team members
- Demonstrated ability to remain organized and multi-task
- Attention to detail is a must
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]